• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

luscombepilot

Airport Bum
Not to be a skeptic, ok i'm a little skeptical, but I went in today to do my PFT, ugg 265, i fell off the pullup bar after 13 pullups because it was wet, but i maxed out on situps and the run, and my OSO was trying to get me to sign my air contract today, after i made it clear to him i was not prepared to do so yet. I wanted to consult my family, and have a chance to read it outside of his presence. Anyway, in trying to do so, he wants me to sign a ground contract as well as an air contract, "in case the ASTB scores to not come on time for the board in 3 weeks" he can still get me on the board for ground, then transfer me over before OCS. Is this normal. I have no problem signing for ground if this is true, because I want to be a Marine, but I really want to fly, and I want to apply again if I don't get air. I just don't want to be fooled into this. I wasn't skeptical until he was trying to pressure me into signing the paperwork before I was ready. Please help, I have no problem walking away from this whole thing and going to a different OSO if this guy is trying to get me into something I'm not sure I want. On the other hand, if this is normal, I will sign the contract with no quams whatsoever. Thanks

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I had the same thing happen with me, for the same reasons. If there are slots available, you should be able to switch to Air. If the board is meeting in three weeks, then that is probably why he's trying to get you to sign now, so he can get it in with enough time to spare.

trongod46

pilot
i had to sign a little early just keep things moving along, paperwork in the office, just because you sign doesnt mean that you have to go if you get selected you can turn it down anytime, its not set in stone. if you dont want to sign a ground contract dont, if its not what you want to do, 20yrs in the dirt could get old after a while,

Status
Not open for further replies.