• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Confused

NavyLonghorn

zippy said:
A lot of their bases are also located in ****hole towns.

Bottom line- apply to both, and go with whoever accepts you. If you get accepted to both, go with the better deal for you (if you dont have any loyalties). If both deals are the same, figure out what branch seems like a better fit for you (ask youself where you see your self in 10-20yrs etc) and go from there.

Truth brother. Truth. See my name for further details.

Lawman

None
zippy said:
A lot of their bases are also located in ****hole towns.

Bottom line- apply to both, and go with whoever accepts you. If you get accepted to both, go with the better deal for you (if you dont have any loyalties). If both deals are the same, figure out what branch seems like a better fit for you (ask youself where you see your self in 10-20yrs etc) and go from there.

Start looking at most of their big bases. Shepperd, Hill, Cannon, Dyuss, Pope, Barksdale.... these are not places Id want to spend a 6-8 year station. Granted every service has its crap hole bases (29 Stumps anyone???) but yeah the best thing I ever heard about Air Force bases was when my father was talking to my best friend after he'd been stationed at Minot. "Well, it isnt the end of the earth, but you can sure as hell see it from there."

Drew (who spent 4 years on an 1800 person "Air" base in San Vito Italy that is now a parking lot for the Italian Army)

Coppertop222

You've forgtten one alternative,

Go Coast Guard! That is, if you want to fly rotary wing, you can't beat the station locations and the bases are almost always in great locations.

At the end of the day all 3 services have a lot to offer. I'd say what puts the Coast Guard head and shoulders above the others is the way it takes care of its people. It's biggest fault has to be the sometimes lack of funding because we aren't DoD.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman, and a Marine, got into an argument about which service is "The Best." The arguing became so heated, that they didn't notice the oncoming traffic...Soon, they found themselves at the Pearly Gates of Heaven. They meet St Peter and decide that only he would be the ultimate source of truth and honesty so they ask him:

"St Peter, which branch of the American Armed Forces is the best?"

St. Peter instantly replies: "I can't answer that. But, I will ask God what he thinks the next time I see him."

Some time later the three see St. Peter again and remind him of the question and ask if he was able to find the answer. Suddenly, a sparkling white dove lands on St. Peter's shoulder. In the dove's beak is a note with glistening gold dust.

St. Peter says to the four men, "Your answer from the Boss. Let's see what he says." St Peter opens the note, trumpets blare, gold dust drifts into the air, harps play crescendos and St Peter begins to read it aloud to the four young men:

MEMORANDUM

To: All Service Members
Via: St. Peter

Subj: Which Military Service Is The Best?

Gentlemen, all the Branches of the Armed Services are 'Honorable and Noble. Each of you serves your country well and with distinction. Being a member of the American Armed Forces represents a special calling warranting special respect, tribute, and dedication. Be proud of that.

Very Respectfully,
GOD
Air Warrior, USN (Ret.)