• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Conduct Unbecoming (what NOT to do while in a pool at PCola)

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
One man's pet is another man's dinner.

Would people be mad if it had been a chicken?

If he killed a chicken for no good reason, then probably yes. He didn't (allegedly) kill this dog for food, or to protect himself. He (allegedly) did it because he was a drunk ass who got frustrated, which sounds to me like a serious anger management issue. That's fucked up, and anyone who could do that is a douche-canoe of epic proportions. And anyone who can't see why this isn't okay is frankly pretty questionable as well.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Along with what MB said a few posts up, I say let the justice system do its thing and figure out the whole story. I've seen one commissioned officer survive a false child molestation (turned out to be a false accusation in the end but it took several months to get there) and another get busted for something similarly disturbing (internet predator sting operation... BZ to the local sheriff and yes, the guy was as guilty as they come). Keep the proverbial torches and pitchforks nearby if you like but for now no need to carry them at the ready.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If he killed a chicken for no good reason, then probably yes. He didn't (allegedly) kill this dog for food, or to protect himself. He (allegedly) did it because he was a drunk ass who got frustrated, which sounds to me like a serious anger management issue. That's fucked up, and anyone who could do that is a douche-canoe of epic proportions. And anyone who can't see why this isn't okay is frankly pretty questionable as well.

Vill, we never need a good reason to throttle poultry...

hawkeyeHandler

Sergio Kontek
pilot
Learn to handle your liquor before taking on pets, wives, and aviation, folks. Perpetuating stereotypes is not good for us, especially when good people are losing their lives in training and in the fleet.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Only for the monkey.
But it's his monkey...to do what he pleases with it and as often as he wants.....

Now MRS. Pickle though.....she might think she should be the one administering the spanking.....and according to whether Pickle is in the dog house or not, I could understand it then being corporal punishment....

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
But it's his monkey...to do what he pleases with it and as often as he wants.....

Now MRS. Pickle though.....she might think she should be the one administering the spanking.....and according to whether Pickle is in the dog house or not, I could understand it then being corporal punishment....

In that case it would be corporal punishment for both Pickle and his monkey, right?

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor

I can't speak for Pickle or the Mrs., but in our house, I'm the one tasked with monkey discipline. Sure Husband steps in when I'm not around and the monkey acts up, but otherwise, I take care of all primate correction.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
A wife who disciplines the monkey and shaves the beaver....what more could a man ask for?????

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Well, as someone who was accused of all sorts of outlandish garbage, to include beating my now ex-wife, trying to kill her cat, and beating her dog, and to have ZERO command support, I was really fucking close to resigning my commission as well.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

I was the focus of an Article 32 investigation much earlier in my career, and the USAF lawyer who was representing me told me that "in the UCMJ there is no presumption of innocence like in the civilian world."