• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Concerned About GPA Hinderance

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Nice try, @mad dog and @Slingblade, you two brainiacs.

2.23 and just retired after 20 years. Got more As in my last semester than first four years (plus a couple summers) all put together.

giphy.gif

(Got the Naval War College JPME/Masters a few years ago with a high 3-point-something, so I'm not all bad.)

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
So as long as your GPA stays above the minimum and you don't get into legal trouble, if you've gotten a PROREC, a FINSEL is a matter of course upon graduation? I ask because this semester has been tough and I'll probably have a term GPA less than the cumulative one the selection board saw.
I'm in the same boat. My bag of fucks to give this semester is just about empty. With that being said I will still graduate with a 3.1 or better.

More worried about the expensive piece of paper than the GPA associated with it. GPA sounds like a grad school application problem to me :D

gogged

C's get degrees. You set out to get [STEM
degree] because it has some application to being a Naval Aviator, remembering that may help you when studying, and you will have more education options later on than having a degree in basket weaving like this guy.

Newsflash! Mechanical Engineering = basket weaving.

gogged

All they care is the major and GPA. Not specific courses.

Right. I'm just saying I retook a couple classes so the Navy calculated my GPA as 2.67 instead of my school's calculated 2.97. Recruiter is still confident in my chances with my ASTB scores. Not trying to discourage OP from sticking with a STEM degree.

It really depends on the school, I dealt with schools that when a retake was completed it kept the original grade and factored it into the GPA, ones that kept the original grade visible but did not factor it into GPA, ones that upon retake removed the old grade and replaced it with a code to indicate retake and it was no longer factored into the GPA either only the newest grade is.

So depending on what school you attend you may or may not get a good deal when doing a retake.

Mine used a code to indicate it wasn't factored into my GPA. My recruiter and the person who was calculating my GPA from the Navy (can't remember the title) asked for the grades I had originally earned, otherwise they would be calculated as zeros.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
I'm in the same boat. My bag of fucks to give this semester is just about empty. With that being said I will still graduate with a 3.1 or better.

More worried about the expensive piece of paper than the GPA associated with it. GPA sounds like a grad school application problem to me :D

I probably will, too, but senioritis has been hitting hard.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Say what?

Your degree is in theater?

How the fuck does that work?

Did you knuckleheads sit around and watch Star Wars and Harry Potter movies while pounding shit tons of beer or something?

It is true. And yes we did that. As well as read Shakespeare, and Beckett, and spent 5 years (because why finish in 4 what you can spend more time on and make it great?) asking ourselves- "But, what does it mean, this human condition??!!"

I also was in the minority, being a straight male in a world of ballet dancers and actresses, so there was that, which worked out well for me. Though I'm sure the chef at Hooters thinks the same way.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Right. I'm just saying I retook a couple classes so the Navy calculated my GPA as 2.67 instead of my school's calculated 2.97. Recruiter is still confident in my chances with my ASTB scores. Not trying to discourage OP from sticking with a STEM degree.

Mine used a code to indicate it wasn't factored into my GPA. My recruiter and the person who was calculating my GPA from the Navy (can't remember the title) asked for the grades I had originally earned, otherwise they would be calculated as zeros.

not sure what the processor was doing there but that doesn't make sense, never had that come up except for 1 time on a nuke candidate, they wanted to know if the kid retook a tech class due to failure of just low grade, registrar said they had no clue, grade didn't exist anymore as class had been retaken.