• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Competitiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpfxc5

I've gathered that gaining a SWO spot is exceptionally difficult without a technical major in college. What is the liklihood that other factors could overshadow a lowly history major? Can participation in a varsity sport, or good grades at a good College pull weight?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Meridiani

We've all heard that the SWO boards are looking for technical majors, but hopefully this post (copied from usnavyocs.com) will give you hope:

------------------------
Heather,

The Navy needs us Arts and Crafts majors also. I am finishing up my degree in English and American Literature with a minor in Philosophy this semester and I have a Surface Warfare Slot. My situation is a little different than yours based on the facts that I got into BDCP prior to 9/11 and have 8 1/2 years of prior service in the Marine Corps, so these things may have been a factor in my selection. I would encourage you to go for it!

Jamie
BDCP, SWO
(Sgt, USMC 91-99)
--------------------------

Give it a shot. What's the worse that could happen?
icon_smile.gif

NuSnake

I'm a history Major.....but Ihave a SNA slot with BDCP. Go History, its the only way to fly....or drive boats...either way I love that stuff!!!! Except all the damn papers!

spidrwmn

BDCP - LOL! I hear you about those damn papers, I'm a history major too. In fact, I've got my 20 page thesis due in two weeks! Guess that means I should probably start.... [:p]

- nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.