• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Community select numbers for NFO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy09

None
Red2 said:
1. P-3s/ E-6s: Really hard to get
2. E-2s: Hard to get
3. Jets: Everyone else

What makes P-3s/E-6s so much more desirable for NFOs? Something about the "NFO-centric" community or something else that makes the job more interesting? Seems like riding around in the back of a F/A-18F would be a lot more exciting, but what do I know? <----rhetorical question :icon_tong

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
midn09 said:
What makes P-3s/E-6s so much more desirable for NFOs? Something about the "NFO-centric" community or something else that makes the job more interesting? Seems like riding around in the back of a F/A-18F would be a lot more exciting, but what do I know? <----rhetorical question :icon_tong
There's nothing NFO-centric about a P-3. That's what Prowlers are for. :D

Brett

macattack

midn09 said:

Per diem?

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
Some people just like the easy way out. Get your wings faster, not going to the boat except for the disassociated tour, more money, not as many dets for workups all the time. Course, a lot of that is hear say so far on my part. The guys doing it have a better idea. The way it was put to me is that us jet guys work harder, longer and for less money.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right, I'm sure that was an unbiased source.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Thread locked, nothing productive is going to come of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.