• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Common Intel College Degrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logico

Is it most common for Intel Officers to have PoliSci degrees or do they come from all backgrounds? Obviously there will be at least one from any degree imaginable but are there any common ones or trends?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Logico said:
Is it most common for Intel Officers to have PoliSci degrees or do they come from all backgrounds? Obviously there will be at least one from any degree imaginable but are there any common ones or trends?
Probably no real common ones, but I'd say a Poli-sci or Intl relations degree would give you a good background if you're not already into that kind of stuff, all else being equal.

Brett

H60Gunr

Funny to mention my degree is in Poly Sci after I changed from Aviation Management. Masters is in Aviation though, so I'm also applying for Intel and AMDO thinking that the diversity is either going to kill me or help me. Most of enlisted career was spent in aviation though. Not sure how that is going to play out in the grand scheme of things.

bennett4362

deployment sucks
the website says they're not looking for any specific degree (for what that's worth).

we've found that there really is no "standard" as far as degrees go with intel officers. you'll see anything from poli sci to history to music to forestry.

two things we have noticed as a trend in intel officers are 1) they're usually older with "life experience," and 2) they've had some kind of overseas living experience (or other cultural background/experiences).

Status
Not open for further replies.