• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Common Aviation Quotes / Pearls of Wisdom

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Swmtb said:
[An EP-3 LT referring to flight school]: "If you're not cheating, you're not trying"

And I've been trying real hard. (If any IPs are reading, I keed, I keed !

beau

The ground always wins

Its better to be down here wishing you were up there, then up there wishing you were down here.

Primary IP's: "so what do you want to fly??"
every stud's responce: "I'll fly whatever they let me fly Sir"
every stud's thoughts: 'god I hope I get jets' :)

IP's in training learning something along the lines of: "If a stud is doing doing awesome on a flight....just wait...he/she is about to do something really dumb"
primary onwing

"Meatball, Lineup, AOA"...repeat!

"Its the big-boy program here"

"IF it Flys, Floats, or ****s....its always better to rent than to buy" (Three F rule)

"Use your big-boy voice on the radio"

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
beau said:
every stud's responce: "I'll fly whatever they let me fly Sir"

I HATE that answer when I ask my friends that. It's weak. If you want jets, SAY IT. If you want helos, SAY IT. If you want P-3s, SAY IT. Most of the IPs in VT-2 that I had couldn't stand when a Stud answered that way.

Note: There is a difference between "whatever they let me fly" and "I don't know". Not being sure is legitimate, I can understand that.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
From my on-wing in Primary (Hornet guy):

Your brain
f18-abcd0002.jpg

Drugs
ch-46-rappel.jpg

Your brain on drugs
av8-970629-m-9816m-002.jpg

Don't do drugs!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ghost119 said:
You know that the Harrier can kick any other aircraft's ass in a true dogfight!
No, I didn't know that. And since you brought it up, what would a "true" dogfight consist of, anyway ?? Inquiring minds want to know .... :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
You know that the Harrier can kick any other aircraft's ass in a true dogfight!
I've got pubs that say different.

Brett

nugget81

pilot
From a Boeing executive:

Today's airplanes are designed to have a pilot and a dog in the cockpit -- the pilot's job is to feed the dog and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything.

Taildragger

API-bound!
For those of you guys who learned how to fly in a taildragger or are tailwheel-endorsed, you know what I'm talkin about...
"Right rudder... RIGHT RUDDER... RIGHT RUDDER!! DAMMIT, MY AIRPLANE!!!!"
My dad, who taught me how to fly, always says this:
"If you can land 10 feet to either side of centerline, you can land ON the centerline. Always strive for perfection."