• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commissioning ceremony/graduation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNU-OCS

I was visiting my future college last week. I was in KC going through MEPS and all that stuff. So anyways i was at college getting my schedule and doing the whole orientation thing when this lady came up to me and asked me about college. I told her that i was applying for an officer candidate program. She then told me that one of her friends son went through the program at my school and was commissioned on stage during graduation. Apparently it is a HUGE deal, she said that i would get to wear my blues on stage and get my bars pinned on. I was curious if this was common among u all?

Reactions: E5B

Crowbar

None
I've never heard of anyone getting commissioned during graduation. Given, during our graduation, the president of the university did recognize the new officers and had them stand (as a group, not individually).

What she may have been talking about is something we do and I'm sure other schools do. The morning of graduation after our individual commissionings, we have a joint, tri-service commissioning at the ballroom in the student union. By that point we've already all been commissioned in individual private ceremonies, but the tri-service gig gets everybody together, you walk across the stage and pick up your commission (again), then go back and take the oath (again) en masse. Not as significant as the individual commissioning, but at least you get to see everybody getting commissioned with you so you can tell them good luck before you all go your separate ways.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
I did my ceremony with a friend of mine at college the day of my graduation. We had two different officers doing the oath (a friend of his and my cousin). We did it before the actual graduation so we both wore our blues to graduation. There was alot more to our ceremony, send me a message if you want to know more, it was pretty sweet, about 200 friends and family there from school.

Status
Not open for further replies.