• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Commercial License help needed

FSF17

pilot
Question for those newly-minted Naval Aviators out there... where are you guys going to get your commercial licenses these days? Specifically in the Pensacola/Jacksonville/Southeast US?

I decided to skip it 4 years ago when I got winged for some reason.Now I have some free time on my hands and would like to get it. All the gouge I could find is at least 2 years old. Some of the phone numbers in it are dead, old question banks, etc. Any new gouge would be greatly appreciated.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Agree with above, Shepard Air is laser guided gouge and it will be 100 percent accurate.
I took it in January and I just googled some gouge online (didnt want to spend cash on shep air) and went to a local FBO with a flight school and took it. It costs $150 to take the test. All the old gouge, even from 5 years ago, is still good. They hadn't changed the question bank as of January.
Take the certificate to your local FSDO or examiner and bam...commercial license. You need it to get your atp, so if you plan on flying for a living outside the Navy, get it done.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Another plug for Shepard Air. They also have a "gouge packet" of sorts that lists each FSDO in the country and the person you should talk (with contact info) to when you take your paperwork in. Definitely worth the $35 bucks!

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Don't forget type ratings to add when you do it too. One license fee, since they all go on the same CERT. Anything you were NATOPS qualled on (must be greater than 12.5k for helos) is eligible. Just bring NATOPS jacket to FSDO when you bring your cert above.