• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College performance in the fleet

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SWOdom is a weird world and the Baby SWOs love instructions and rules.

In lieu of the standard "wardroom lounge" BHR had a "SWO Training Room" that the JO SWOs jealously guarded from all others to include DHs, Air Dept, SARDET, and the entirety of the Green Side. I was in there one day checking my email when an un-pinned ENS came up to me and said "the sign on the door says SWO training room. you're not a SWO, you need to leave."
me: "uh huh. i'll be done in a second"
ENS: "no really, you're not a SWO, you need to get out. The sign says SWO"
me: "you're not even pinned yet. do you have an OOD letter yet?"
ENS: "well, no"
me: "I do, so until then I'm more of a SWO then you so beat it."
Phrase I've always loved; first heard from the senior enlisted in my SERE school class to an airman: "Kid, we're going to play a little game here; it's called 'rock, paper, rank.' I think you know who's going to win." Granted, rank among JOs is the nuclear option, but a baby ENS giving the business to a senior LT? That calls for some serious rock tumbling and/or vicious mockery of some sort.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Given the statute of limitations and the fact that you're now officially "Italian" now, you gotta give up the name. Not because I'm going to argue with you...depending on who it is, maybe commiserate with you...

Check PM. He wasn't as cool as his name might imply though. Probably not a George Clinton fan either.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Damned if I know. The SWOs were much happier to pass down bum gouge from JO to JO then to go to SMEs. And the DHs were "scary."

Now you are taking me back. I remember for my year group's round of surface boards the DHs specifically warned us to get with each of them before the big board. Two of the "rock stars" couldn't be bothered with the advice. They were eaten alive, one even non-attained. Seeing a pattern, I stayed after hours on each DH's CDO duty and asked for help :eek: I guess their hearts grew 3 sizes larger as I did waaaaaay better. Who knew.