• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

College education and being a SNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dividebyzero

Just out of curiosity...

Would anyone say that having one type of degree as opposed to another (say physics or aerodynamic engineering vs. business management), makes the academic load at primary any easier?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No, not really. I know (have known) incredibly intelligent aero majors w/ 4.0s from college who can't (couldn't) fly an aircraft to save their life (literally). If you've been identified as having the aptitude (like the ASTB), then API isn't really that hard. Otherwise everything else is headwork and memorization.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Lets put it this way, if I can make it through, anyone can. I was a Business major and pretty much drank, partied, studied a little bit, and still made it through API. Now I'm not saying that's the way to do it but API is but a small easy speck in the scheme of things.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by NeoCortex
hey bunk, where did you do college? That sounds like how I spent my time at FSU

I went to CalPoly Pomona. Large campus state school but not much for partying. College should be a good time as well as Pensacola and flight school. Word hard party harder has always been my motto. I will never forget my days in flight school and the friends that I made. I don't think I have ever partied as much. Well...except for that night in Thailand on my B-day in 2001. Oh, and the time in Perth and Sydney Austrailia. Then again, I really don't rememer them anyways. Those were the best nights
eyebrows_125.gif

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Bunk,

What do you fly now? I'm startin' to think I could have some fun with all you guys... I think I'll go ahead and join the Navy... ha ha.

- Warlord

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Warlord
Bunk,

What do you fly now? I'm startin' to think I could have some fun with all you guys... I think I'll go ahead and join the Navy... ha ha.

- Warlord

I fly the mighty C-2A Greyhound. It's a community that fits my personality to a tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.