• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNO:FLEET to be SPARED

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Nailed it! I was too busy searching Amazon and Ebay for a clue on how the boss actually makes decisions and why so many are springing to defend his misspeak.
Maybe because the over-arching point he was trying to make to a lawyer-turned-junior Senator is that aviators need funding for more flying hours, yet that has been lost because he got an off the cuff guesstimate of actual flight hours incorrect? I don't think that the Senator knows how many flight hours would be too little, just right, or too many, so it's nothing to get too wound up over...which is the point that azguy was tactlessly trying to make.

I will note that the CNO is not a SWO, he's a submariner. I can assure you that he has a strong appreciation for standardized rigorous qualification standards, proficiency requirements, briefing/debriefing evolutions, training on mishaps, and safety.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will note that the CNO is not a SWO, he's a submariner. I can assure you that he has a strong appreciation for standardized rigorous qualification standards, proficiency requirements, briefing/debriefing evolutions, training on mishaps, and safety.
I'm sure you're right. The problem there was not so much ADM Greenert as it was azguy being clueless as to why we care about the flight hour program.

azguy

None
The problem there was not so much ADM Greenert as it was azguy being clueless as to why we care about the flight hour program.

Holy shit guys...

Re-read my last post. Not saying that flight hours are unimportant at all- I completely grasp the importance of flying with a certain frequency. Just understand that non-aviators have no context for those figures- so it's futile to get offended by whatever number CNO (a Sub Admiral) cites to a bunch of Congressmen...as many of you did.

How many aviators out there can tell me how many underway days/month are notionally required to execute the Basic Training Phase per the SFRM? Exactly...

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I'll be honest - I didn't actually think you were being an asshole or that you didn't understand the flight hour issue. You just ended a sentence with "dude" and followed with "Am I wrong?" There's only one way I know how to respond to that particular construct.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy shit guys...

Re-read my last post. Not saying that flight hours are unimportant at all- I completely grasp the importance of flying with a certain frequency. Just understand that non-aviators have no context for those figures- so it's futile to get offended by whatever number CNO (a Sub Admiral) cites to a bunch of Congressmen...as many of you did.

How many aviators out there can tell me how many underway days/month are notionally required to execute the Basic Training Phase per the SFRM? Exactly...
The main issue is with you telling someone quite senior to you to "get a clue." Tact much?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I wonder if sparing the Fleet includes not shutting my squadron down? I doubt it, because we're just a bunch of dirty reservists :)

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, I know both are going away. Just wondering if you were in 84 or 85.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
There was a drunk JO at the IBar giving the AirBoss (former) an earful about this the night before his COC. Was interesting to watch the exchange. Glad the young LT's cab came when it did.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
There was a drunk JO at the IBar giving the AirBoss (former) an earful about this the night before his COC. Was interesting to watch the exchange. Glad the young LT's cab came when it did.

I missed that but heard about it, that could've been interesting if it had gone on longer.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
It was interesting enough as it was. I think any longer and it could have gotten ugly. You can only say Fuck to a Flag so many times before things get reallllllly ugly. At least the Admiral had good sense of humor about it after the guy stumbled to his cab.