• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CNATRA Bids Farewell to Orange and White Paint Scheme

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe the haze-gray USAF T-6s are assigned to their FITU equivalent (they have their own airplanes instead of borrowing from the training squadrons).

If we're going for both heritage and high viz, the Centennial throwback "yellow peril" scheme seemed to get a lot of positive feedback. 5957131747_780a0869fd_c.jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I believe the haze-gray USAF T-6s are assigned to their FITU equivalent (they have their own airplanes instead of borrowing from the training squadrons).

If we're going for both heritage and high viz, the Centennial throwback "yellow peril" scheme seemed to get a lot of positive feedback. View attachment 38679
For a trainer…I like that color scheme best. Another cool option might be the silver and yellow (with carrier colors) style of the 1930’s.

IMG_1549.jpeg

GroundPounder

Got to hook last Wednesday and learned this… all the competitors for the T-45 replacement were painted orange and white. Nobody knew yet.

Kinda surprised the USN went for it- usually morale-based solutions that cost real money get shot down.
I'm asking seriously, with no sarcasm. Is this something that they think will appeal to the SNA and increase morale?

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Here is the USAF Primary Training Helicopter

View attachment 38684
Not for long…they are moving to the Bell 505.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The interesting thing is that this matters enough to someone to spend tons of money to change what is an established practice for a whim.

Not sure it'll cost that much if they repaint them if they paint them as they go through depot, it'll probably take years.

Between this and banning flight suits in the NCR, seems like new CNO and her leadership team are really getting after the important issues

Wait, whut ???

1999 wants its uniform policy back. SWO's gonna SWO...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I'm asking seriously, with no sarcasm. Is this something that they think will appeal to the SNA and increase morale?
No one is really thinking about the paint job on their airplane when they're flying.

It was cool to get to take a centennial airplane to be a static display at an airshow for those few who got to do it. And a photo of you flying the skipper's airplane might be cool to share with your family and friends on Facebook.

But the paintjob really never mattered to anyone on whatever airplane they were flying that day. They were more worried about whether that airplane was one of the good ones or was going to be the one they had to work to get out of the line and into the air that day.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Not for long…they are moving to the Bell 505.

Griz - I believe this is for the Initial Flight Training - Rotary, So its a program to trial skipping T-6 for rotary selected UPT students. Right now that means HH-60, UH-1N, and MH-139. CV-22 track will still go through T-6. Also this will not replace the TH-1H. The IFT-R syllabus will be *before* TH-1H.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
No one is really thinking about the paint job on their airplane when they're flying.

It was cool to get to take a centennial airplane to be a static display at an airshow for those few who got to do it. And a photo of you flying the skipper's airplane might be cool to share with your family and friends on Facebook.

But the paintjob really never mattered to anyone on whatever airplane they were flying that day. They were more worried about whether that airplane was one of the good ones or was going to be the one they had to work to get out of the line and into the air that day.
All too true. On my first T-34 flight I didn’t think one second about the color.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Griz - I believe this is for the Initial Flight Training - Rotary, So its a program to trial skipping T-6 for rotary selected UPT students. Right now that means HH-60, UH-1N, and MH-139. CV-22 track will still go through T-6. Also this will not replace the TH-1H. The IFT-R syllabus will be *before* TH-1H.
This is correct, although I thought the USAF was moving to the -139A for training as well.

GroundPounder

That's what I would have figured, but some of the other comments made it appear as if the decision was based on appealing to the students. Thanks