• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CMV-22B Osprey Rollout

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not at all, indeed. The real reason for C-2A to be refueled is to find a carrier in bad weather, thus its refueling should've been done by organic tankers. Same with CMV-22, I think. If F/A-18E/Fs are capable to refuel Ospreys, it will work. If not - who can be sure KC-130 or USAF bigwing tanker will be allocated to a sole COD Osprey which cannot find the carrier at night in a distant spot of dark ocean?
Keep studying, Max. One day, you’ll figure it all out... but not today.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Keep studying, Max. One day, you’ll figure it all out... but not today.

I'll never have the same amount of knowlege you already have, you're professional, I'm diletant. But I, being service academy grad, will never have either the same amount of self-conceit. The thing is that USN is constantly deteriorating the force and abilities of naval aviation, first of all tailhook part of it, and it doesn't need a genius to see it. Viewing a naval aviation as an object of study, regardless the country and navy, one indeed can say the heyday of a carrier fleets is in the past. Sad but true...

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll never have the same amount of knowlege you already have, you're professional, I'm diletant. But I, being service academy grad, will never have either the same amount of self-conceit. The thing is that USN is constantly deteriorating the force and abilities of naval aviation, first of all tailhook part of it, and it doesn't need a genius to see it. Viewing a naval aviation as an object of study, regardless the country and navy, one indeed can say the heyday of a carrier fleets is in the past. Sad but true...
That’s pretty rich coming from a Russian. Lol.

Max the Mad Russian

That’s pretty rich coming from a Russian. Lol.

He laugh best who laugh last, Brett. Our carriers were not carriers, they were just toys for old grey-haired kids with wide sleeve strips to play. Wasted money and this f'kin' Kuznetsov just continues to entertain the world just like some circus. But your carriers were indefatigable once upon a time, and now it is in past and will hardly return. Half of the nuclear carrier fleet tied to docks and yards just begins to follow our wake in that entertaining business. Don't go too far in it...

Last edited:

FinkUFreaky

pilot
On another topic I thought Max was actually Ukrainian? Am I mistaken (obviously I know his username)?

Edit; please disregard. Could have just clicked on the about on his profile :)

Max the Mad Russian

Yes I'm actually from UA, City of Dnepr. But in that time it was USSR, and in that fucking empire all the officers came from military or naval or AF colleges which were same as service academies in US: all uniformed spit-and-polish for 4-5 years. But no rings, especially in naval colleges - even wedding rings were forbidden.

Max the Mad Russian

Another question concerning CMV-22B. What about maintenance in worldwide spread airports where they will operate from? C-2As crews are masters of doing all with nothing while servicing their old birds by their own efforts. But Osprey is not only more intricate a/c, it is new and with very little amount of unification with all the other airplanes common for those airports.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Another question concerning CMV-22B. What about maintenance in worldwide spread airports where they will operate from? C-2As crews are masters of doing all with nothing while servicing their old birds by their own efforts. But Osprey is not only more intricate a/c, it is new and with very little amount of unification with all the other airplanes common for those airports.
That's not how USN aviation maintenance works. C-2 guys don't depend on airport services for support, it's not like a VRC set is borrowing tires, prop wash, or tools from DHL. V-22s have been deployed worldwide for 10+yrs; VRM is not starting from scratch.

BarryD

Contributor
In theory so. But practice is telling slightly different story. Ok, generally understood, thanks.
Probably can't define practice based off what was presented in that article in that particular case. Even if that happened off the coast of San Diego I'm guessing that it would've been heading to the FRC . . .

Cites The Drive story. Lol
Stay tuned for a Why the Navy Must Bring Back the C-2A article in a few years . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tyler Rogoway needs to be euthanized and sold to Ralston Purena as adjunct protein. He has built a business based on clickbait, disinformation and bad gouge.