• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Classified section

b0pric01

pilot
I'm just curious why there isn't a classified section for firearms, let alone other items. As long as all federal/local laws are followed I don't see the problem, but maybe I'm missing something?

b0pric01

pilot
Hard to check security clearances online to ensure proper admittance to the AW SCIF...
Pickle
LOL damn I couldn't edit fast enough and was hoping no one would catch that.

Edit: and apparently I can't edit the title (or I'm too dumb to) so aside from the missing s, is there a reason for not having a classifieds section?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I'm just curious why there isn't a classified section for firearms, let alone other items. As long as all federal/local laws are followed I don't see the problem, but maybe I'm missing something?
In all seriousness, probably a liability issue...
Pickle

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This was apparently brought up at some point (I believe I was deployed at the time) and deemed not worth the risk for the site. I asked about it again on the mod side recently (maybe a year ago, just to get the background) and basically got the answer I just gave you. I would certainly feel more comfortable buying something used from guys on here than some random dude on the internet, but I can understand the concern and the decision. FWIW, it took several years to even get a Firearms section, so at least there's that now.

b0pric01

pilot
This was apparently brought up at some point (I believe I was deployed at the time) and deemed not worth the risk for the site. I asked about it again on the mod side recently (maybe a year ago, just to get the background) and basically got the answer I just gave you. I would certainly feel more comfortable buying something used from guys on here than some random dude on the internet, but I can understand the concern and the decision. FWIW, it took several years to even get a Firearms section, so at least there's that now.

Thanks for the info. Also, apparently I completely overlooked this thread when I was looking around for the classifieds section: http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/firearms-no-sale.34722/