• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Class Offices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCSU_Navy

I have heard mention of "Class Presidents" and am curious. What are all of the offices and is a democratic process? I can imagine if it was voluntary, a room full of future Admiral wannabees would have a lot of trouble coming to an agreement who should be prez. Thanks.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I hope it is voluntary... because it is a job I DON'T want... think about it... that is the guy who will take all the punishment from the DIs when the class doesn't perform up to specs.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
All class offices are nominated, then voted on by the class. Yeah, you'll get some wannabees who want to be president.

johnmyson

OC Radioactive Man
What would be the advantage of holding a class office? Is it solely an opportunity to show that you can be a leader among leaders, or are there special privileges involved?

What is the downside to holding an office?

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
u get some points towards your officer like qualities which will factor into class ranking and whether you get to hold a sword or guide-on for graduation. doesn't mean jack for the fleet however. if you are class president you will most likely be fired within a couple weeks (just a chance to give others a chance). Adjutant is pretty stressful but you get some perks like using the internet the first week there and getting out of cleaning duties.

thumper

"a room full of future Admiral wannabees"

Man, that just about sums up my old OCS class. 48 pocket-Hitlers.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
47 Hitler wannabees, bro. I just wanted the hell out of there. Especially when I woke up to our roommate and his then girlfriend/now ex.
-A

thumper

Okay, Dunedan

You got me. We were definately on the same side throughout the duration. You should know I would never equate you with any 20th century dictators.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Awesome. Lookin forward to it. You should be almost ready to be outta here...
Just finishing the first week of Primary. Somebody else we know should be flying in a couple of days...

navyterp

Yeah the Adjutant is a crappy job, lots of paperwork and visiting alot of people you don't want to deal with. Our president got lots of beatings down in the House of Pain, the VP did practically NOTHING, Mail Body just took out mail.. Watchbill Coordinator is nice, know them because they can hook you up with pretty decent watches.

But in terms of offices helping out your ability to be a leader or how the class team views you, or to boost your OLQ, I don't really know. The Top 4 people who graduated in our class didnt even hold any positions.

flyr534

Navyterp is right, it doesnt really matter. Our pres finished first but he was also a seal with 5 years prior service. Dont think anyone could beat him. I got second and only held the duty of squad leader.... not much responsibility there, just getting a bit more yelling time with the DI. If you want to get more sleep i recommend staying away from the paper jobs like adj. and RLP body. It doesnt matter in the end. Just put up with the BS for 13 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.