• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
I'm just saying, based on a VERY CLEAR SIGNAL IN THE POLLS, that people aren't happy about the current state of affairs regarding guns. Including republicans.
75% of republicans...
If you think 75% of republicans are secret libtards, just say so.

Polling data is fun, especially how numbers can be manipulated to skew data depending on the poll location, size, etc. If I start a poll about guns and use 100 people in the Bay Area, it's going to lead to entirely different numbers that lets say a 100 people in Corpus Christi. You can also word the questions in a negative or positive manner to also influence results if you want a specific outcome. So when I hear "polling data" being used to base somebody's argument for change, I'm always skeptical. In the poll you are referring to, do you have a reference and where they did it, the size, the questions asked?

Looking at Gallup and Pew Research (both non-partisan trusted centers), all the polling data doesn't come close to what you're saying.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Well, duh

You guys are arguing the particulars of background checks. I am telling you, based on hard data, that the people aren't happy with the status quo. Including 75% of republicans. That's the point. If the UBCs won't move the needle, people will look for further solutions.
How many guns do you own? Because you sound ignorant as to purchasing a firearm! And guess what, you’re not alone! We have non airline pilots here that think they know everything about the airline life. We have members here that have never worked a day in the civilian work place and know everything about the civilian market. And guess what, we have gun experts that know nothing about gun ownership. The list goes on! Worse culprits and proclaimed experts are generally politicians, senior officers, and academia! ?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
people will look for further solutions.
75% of republicans...
Read comprehension… I was commenting on your “look for further solutions”. You know, the part I specifically quoted. But I understand, you libtards like to twist things to your narrative.

Republicans will not be looking for further solutions that in any way changes the 2nd amendment or has anything will universal refrigeration, restrictions on transfer between owners, etc. That’s strictly libtard pipe dreams.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Read comprehension… I was commenting on your “look for further solutions”. You know, the part I specifically quoted. But I understand, you libtards like to twist things to your narrative.

Republicans will not be looking for further solutions that in any way changes the 2nd amendment or has anything will universal refrigeration, restrictions on transfer between owners, etc. That’s strictly libtard pipe dreams.
Not sure what it has to do with guns, but I like me some refrigeration, heating and cooling.?

taxi1

pilot
How many guns do you own? Because you sound ignorant as to purchasing a firearm!
Just a long gun

But I can sure read a poll, and polls say a super-majority want universal background checks.
Looking at Gallup and Pew Research (both non-partisan trusted centers), all the polling data doesn't come close to what you're saying.
Let's see what Pew says that gun owners say...
In addition, strong majorities favor background checks for private sales and at gun shows (77% among gun owners and 87% among non-owners).

Quinnipiac is pretty trust-worthy (OBTW, a retired NFO was the Dean of their Business School until 2015). Of course this is old news, from June 2021.
By an overwhelming majority, voters in Texas say 90 - 8 percent that they support background checks for all gun buyers.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Just a long gun

But I can sure read a poll, and polls say a super-majority want universal background checks.

In addition, strong majorities favor background checks for private sales and at gun shows (77% among gun owners and 87% among non-owners).

Quinnipiac is pretty trust-worthy (OBTW, a retired NFO was the Dean of their Business School until 2015). Of course this is old news, from June 2021.
By an overwhelming majority, voters in Texas say 90 - 8 percent that they support background checks for all gun buyers.
So basically you’re clueless. I don’t care what polls say. And I am not against background checks. Which for the record, states currently do! Go to academy or bass pro or where ever you want and buy a handgun and then report back! Until then you can quote as many polls as you want which mean neither jack nor shit!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
put another way:

"If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy. "
Oh my….Chicken-Little is out knocking on interweb doors delivering messages of doom.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
View attachment 31572
Not sure what it has to do with guns, but I like me some refrigeration, heating and cooling.?
Fucking spell check….

I recently sent my 87 year old Mom an email about a brass lamp she has. Spell check changed it to “be ass amp”. She was totally confused and not amused. With my stupid fat fingers, I really need to turn off the automatic corrections on my phone.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Just a long gun

Youre doing it again.