• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

nodropinufaka

The law did not say whites got one sentence and blacks another. Whites and blacked were subject to the same penalties for same type of crack. Either could have chosen power or rocks. The laws and penalties were not racist or written with racist intent. The results might seem racist because one race favored one type of illegal drug over another. That was their choice, not the laws.

But that is irrelevant in my opinion because if someone chooses to commit a crime, they are obviously not trying to improve themselves or succeed. If they hadn’t done the crime, they wouldn’t have been given a jail sentence.
The availability to obtain powder was much more difficult for blacks. Which is why they used and sold crack.

I will agree that maybe they weren’t written with racist intent.

But the end result was most definitely textbook systemic racism.

One race being incarcerated at an extremely high level compared to others who were given slaps on the wrist for the same drug just in different form.

nodropinufaka

No, it leads to individuals committing racist acts….
Yes exactly.

And said acts can cause and encourage systemic racism.

If a police officer is racist and doesn’t like black people and commits a racist act and locks up someone who shouldn’t have (or you know shoots one by mistake in a raid or kneels on their neck and kills them) then that becomes systemic racism.

grodonfreeman

Bottom of the Totem Pole
individual racism by individuals in power in institutions like the military, commercial sector, housing, and lending can turn into systemic racism and often does.

What pisses me off is the entire world is fuckn racist. https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/feb/25/modern-slavery-trafficking-persons-one-in-200.

America is far better off in terms of racial equity by any measure. Still, you lefties want to tear it down. Not to right things, but institute a Marxist state or some other ulterior motive. When we do make progress, you are NEVER, EVER happy. Just a constant drumbeat to agitate the population beyond all recognition.

Last edited:

nodropinufaka

What pisses me off is the entire world is fuckin rascist. Hell, the Arabs still practice slavery. But America is far better off. Still, you lefties want to tear it down. Not to right things, but institute a Marxist state or some other ulterior motive. And when we do make progress, you are NEVER, EVER happy.
Wht are you talking about?

I don’t want to tear anything down.

does wanting equal rights for everyone under the law and to ensure fair treatment in the workforce, housing, and medical mean Marxism?

nodropinufaka

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
A liberal organization writing a paper for the U.S. hating U.N.

Of course it matches your narrative.

Nice try but nope.

nodropinufaka

A liberal organization writing a paper for the U.S. hating U.N.

Of course it matches your narrative.

Nice try but nope.
Perhaps read it before hating it just because of the organizations.

what’s wrong with the United Nations?

the Paper has sources

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Perhaps read it before hating it just because of the organizations.
Not interested. It’s content are a biased forgone conclusion fitting their “who are we statement” or they would not have published it.

what’s wrong with the United Nations?
Everything, but that’s a whole other thread.

Ever get the impression someone has gotten to the point that they are now just fucking with you to see how long you will continue to react?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I most definitely am not trolling or messing with you @HAL Pilot

Meet for a cocktail and we can continue this in person. I’m in PNW.
No but I will admit that I got to the point that I was seeing how long I could keep you going...it's what I do when I have too much time on my hands...

And if you're ever on Oahu, I'll buy the beer.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I thought I was clear on the racist policies previously....
I think that what you're missing is that your anecdote serves as a counter-point to everything you are trying to claim about systemic racism in the 21st century.

No one is denying that there are people alive today who had to deal with real, actual systemic racism. However, those policies were lifted in the 1960s and through the 1970s-1980s, equality became a thing guaranteed by law and actually enforced.

Your anecdote serves as evidence that those public policy changes were successful. Free from the shackles of institutional racism, you were able to become more successful than previous generations could ever imagine. You had to work hard because your parents were broke to make a better life...that's like, the American dream since it was a British colony.

Despite this, you claim that's not good enough and there continue to be systemic barriers to black people's success. That's where you lose everyone. What did you do that was so special that is nearly impossible for the rest of black Americans to do without a change in public policy?

Re: crime laws

The crack wave and inner city crime waves of the late 80s / early 90s is still studied by PhDs, and there's no consensus on why they occurred and why they got better. To distill it down to 'tough drug and crime laws are racist' is a lazy, and ultimately a racist argument in itself with little evidence to support it.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

No one needs your outrage or protection. Minorities support voter I.D. more than whites.

It’s ludicrous and racist to imply that minorities don’t have ID to vote.

This is at least the second time I've said in this forum I am not specifically targeting voter ID, but laws carved specifically to hinder minorities - like the GA State requirement for names to match exactly in systems, yet knowing full well that DMVs couldn't process hyphens, or TX limiting ballot locations to a single spot per county, or keeping ballot drop off locations exlusively in majority white neighborhoods, reducing Sunday voting, and a host of other things.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I'll second this; although I suspect, like Clinton's policies, the intentions weren't racist, but the outcomes certainly led to vastly different outcomes highly segregated along lines of race.
Tell me the functional difference between explicit racist structures and implicit racist structures.