• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CJCS responds to Rep. Gaetz

nodropinufaka

So how do Academic Circles explain that the average Indian immigrant who speaks English as a second language outperform every other race in America except for Asians?
Likely because of when they immigrated and the method of immigration.

They immigrated much more recently then other immigrants on a much different status.

where as a lot of immigrants came as unskilled labor, Indians did not. They came recently and as skilled labor.

more here:

GroundPounder

So how do Academic Circles explain that the average Indian immigrant who speaks English as a second language outperform every other race in America except for Asians?

I'd say it was down to the fact that most of them find something that they can do, is profitable and get to it 24/7.

It's anecdotal, but I am pretty good friends with two families from India. One couple has a doctor husband, and a wife that started working in a laundry washing clothes. She ( they ) now own 4 laundry drop off places. She still works like she is an employee.

2nd couple come here and wife gets job in hotel as a maid. He worked in underwear factory. Factory goes under, he starts at the hotel. You guessed it, they now own the hotel, and three high end liquor stores. They both continue to work like they are 1 check away from the streets.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I'd say it was down to the fact that most of them find something that they can do, is profitable and get to it 24/7.

It's anecdotal, but I am pretty good friends with two families from India. One couple has a doctor husband, and a wife that started working in a laundry washing clothes. She ( they ) now own 4 laundry drop off places. She still works like she is an employee.

2nd couple come here and wife gets job in hotel as a maid. He worked in underwear factory. Factory goes under, he starts at the hotel. You guessed it, they now own the hotel, and three high end liquor stores. They both continue to work like they are 1 check away from the streets.
In other words, if you value hard work and education, and stop making stupid excuses like it's too hard, white people are out to get you, or the system is rigged, you can make a better life for yourself regardless of the color of your skin? Shocked Pikachu face meme

Someone ought to notify the to SJWs.

nodropinufaka

In other words, if you value hard work and education and stop making excuses for why it's too hard you can make a better life for yourself regardless of the color of your skin? Shocked Pikachu face meme

Someone ought to notify the to SJWs.
Did you even read what I posted?

Anecdotal evidence is not academic.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Did you even read what I posted?

Anecdotal evidence is not academic.
Yes and it's bullshit. You didn't post any actual academic research on the topic. The fact is that some cultures value education more than others, and that manifests itself in earnings.

The culture that becoming a functioning, middle-class member of society is abandoning one's race to the point it deserves a minimum of being ostracized from the family and at maximum deadly violence from members of their own race is unique to black people.

nodropinufaka

Yes and it's bullshit. You didn't post any actual academic research on the topic. The fact is that some cultures value education more than others, and that manifests itself in earnings.

The culture that becoming a functioning, middle-class member of society is abandoning one's race to the point it deserves a minimum of being ostracized from the family and at maximum deadly violence from members of their own race is unique to black people.
Fine look up this journal and read more.

Higher Education and Children in Immigrant Families
The Future of Children
Vol. 21, No. 1, Immigrant Children (SPRING 2011), pp. 171-193 (23 pages)

ABSTRACT
The increasing role that immigrants and their children, especially those from Latin America, are playing in American society, Sandy Baum and Stella Flores argue, makes it essential that as many young newcomers as possible enroll and succeed in postsecondary education. Immigrant youths from some countries find the doors to the nation s colleges wide open. But other groups, such as those from Latin America, Laos, and Cambodia, often fail to get a postsecondary education. Immigration status itself is not a hindrance. The characteristics of the immigrants, such as their country of origin, race, and parental socioeconomic status, in addition to the communities, schools, and legal barriers that greet them in the United States, explain most of that variation. Postsecondary attainment rates of young people who come from low-income households and, regardless of income or immigration status, whose parents have no college experience are low across the board. Exacerbating the financial constraints is the reality that low-income students and those whose parents have little education are frequently ill prepared academically to succeed in college. The sharp rise in demand for skilled labor over the past few decades has made it more urgent than ever to provide access to postsecondary education for all. And policy solutions, say the authors, require researchers to better understand the differences among immigrant groups. Removing barriers to education and to employment opportunities for undocumented students poses political, not conceptual, problems. Providing adequate funding for postsecondary education through low tuition and grant aid is also straightforward, if not easy to accomplish. Assuring that Mexican immigrants and others who grow up in low-income communities have the opportunity to prepare themselves academically for college is more challenging. Policies to improve the elementary and secondary school experiences of all children are key to improving the postsecondary success of all.

Some more out takes

"Immigrants' prior education when they enter the United States plays a large role in the subsequent educational attainment of their children. Immigration status itself is not a hindrance."

"More than two-thirds of immigrants from the Middle East and South Asia have at least a bachelor s degree, compared with only 7 percent of those from Mexico.1 "

"The averages, however, obscure the reality that 50 to 80 percent of foreign-born fathers from Africa, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Pakistan/ Bangladesh, and Iran were college gradu- ates, compared with only 4 to 10 percent of fathers from Mexico, the Caribbean, Laos, and Cambodia"

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

Geez that’s not very woke…CNO would be disappointed…

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
WOW

I am honestly speechless that an officer in the military would have these beliefs.
I've witnessed it.

HAL told you one story. Let me tell you another. I'm changing in the locker room in HS after a game - 9th or 10th grade thereabouts. Friend of mine - black - changing a couple lockers down. In comes another black athlete. This guy basically pissed off the whole team because he was a shit bag, but at the time since he was bigger and taller than everyone else he got away with showing up late, not working, and basically being out for himself. Imagine Barry Bonds in a high school uniform.

Anyway, the beating and tongue lashing he unleashed on that other boy was a sight to be seen. For no reason, other than he was A) black and B) an honors student.

Your grandma would blush.

But let's move beyond anecdotal evidence - the incarceration rate among blacks is substantially higher than every other race, and it's mostly driven by black-on-black violence. You could say 'but poverty and gangs,' but Hispanics are the #1 leaders in per-capita gang members in the U.S., beating blacks by about 25-33%, and have roughly half the per-capita incarceration rate as blacks.

White people can't fix these problems.

Last edited:

nodropinufaka

I've witnessed it.

HAL told you one story. Let me tell you another. I'm changing in the locker room in HS after a game - 9th or 10th grade thereabouts. Friend of mine - black - changing a couple lockers down. In comes another black athlete. This guy basically pissed off the whole team because he was a shit bag, but at the time since he was bigger and taller than everyone else he got away with showing up late, not working, and basically being out for himself. Imagine Barry Bonds in a high school uniform.

Anyway, the beating and tongue lashing he unleashed on that other boy was a sight to be seen. For no reason, other than he was A) black and B) an honors student.

Your grandma would blush.
So because you saw it happen once you have an understanding of black culture?

Do you have any idea how racist of a belief that is?

And you are going to tell me that doesn't either consciously or sub consciously affect how you interact with black people?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The increasing role that immigrants and their children, especially those from Latin America, are playing in American society, Sandy Baum and Stella Flores argue, makes it essential that as many young newcomers as possible enroll and succeed in postsecondary education. Immigrant youths from some countries find the doors to the nation's colleges wide open...
You missed a sentence and then quoted some results out of context.