• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civvie Pilot License

markvanes

Is there an advantage to having a civilian pilots license before trying to become a Naval Aviator? Some say you develop bad habits, others say you get comfy in the air and an Instrument rating really helps in Primary. Who's right?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
candidateX said:
Is there an advantage to having a civilian pilots license before trying to become a Naval Aviator? Some say you develop bad habits, others say you get comfy in the air and an Instrument rating really helps in Primary. Who's right?
Search, search, search!

Brett

ip568

None
Yes. Negative transfer. I f****d-up my first nav exam in preflight because I had been taught to use the computer a different way in pp training.

FLY_USMC

pilot
No, you f****d up your first nav exam at API beause you learned in pp training with a e6b and not the cr23 or whatever the hell it was we used.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agree with the above. Attitude is importatnt. Act like you have never seen the stuff before and do it their way. Generally priro flight expereince helps in API and Primary but everyone else catches up shortly after that. I wouldn't run out and drop 5 grand on a ppl just to improve my chances of selection though.