• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civlian flight physical compared to Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

los5041

I currently have a first class medical certificate in the civilian world, and I was just wondering how much more indepth the flight physical is in the military aspect. Thanks alot

vballindaytona

haha, LOTS different. All my first class civilian aero exams I have gotten were a brief eye exam, check hearing, a hit on the knee for reflexes, and answering to yes if i am in good health. flight exams include blood work, extensive eye exams (i.e. depth perception, visual acuity, I think they check for things like glacoma (sp), eye surgery's, ortho Kero.), you have to take an EKG, walk in various positions to make sure youve never broke any bones, etc. Lots of info on this site about the physicals, so just search keywords like, flight physicals, meps, nami, etc. hope this helps.

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.