• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civilian Flight Schools to avoid/horror stories

fighterpfeif

Just thought I would start this thread to help people avoid flight schools that seem to only take your money and leave you with nothing.

To start off, avoid Lewis University's Flight Program, went there for a year, only built up hours and got nothing in return (had to go to a FBO to finish up my commercial, which I started at Lewis). Their Maintenance and Adminstration programs seem good, but the flight program caused alot of students to become frustrated and poor quickly. Anyone looking to do flight training or ifs, avoid it like the plague, there are plenty of other flight schools and universities nearby that are better.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Except for the price gouging, I thought ERAU had very good flight training. I did instrument, commerical, multi, and cfi here. I did private, cfii, and cfig (glider) elsewhere and all those places did not come close to the quality from ERAU.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You're probably thinking Destin because it's the last jump off point before you hit VARRE and the inpenatrable umbrella of Orange and White aluminium.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Haha, Yea... Destin is up in the panhandle. It is amazing beautiful and has the prettiest beaches in the world. Also, quickly becoming a college spring break destination!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HighDimension said:
Haha, Yea... Destin is up in the panhandle. It is amazing beautiful and has the prettiest beaches in the world.

Um, yeeeeaaaah....not so much. Nice, but, come on.

I think all civy flight schools are exspensive. If I could do it over again, or transfer; I would find an instate college with an avaition program, and go from there. You could save tons of money. As for ERAU, I almost went there except I saw the tuition and was like...uhh hellllll no. I am thinking of transfering to Auburn next spring though.

fighterpfeif

nublett said:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the best!

? --- Everyone is pretty much the same. Everyone has to meet the same PTS standards, your turns around the point are the same as mine, unless ERAU has a FAA exemption. Some schools just suck more than others.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
fighterpfeif said:
? --- Everyone is pretty much the same. Everyone has to meet the same PTS standards, your turns around the point are the same as mine, unless ERAU has a FAA exemption. Some schools just suck more than others.

Whats the FAA?

ip568

None
Don's Flying Service, Marlborough, MA (9B1)

"We specialize in carrier landings before you even get to the Navy!"

Attachments

• RW14.jpg
    RW14.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 135

nublett

Been there, done that.
fighterpfeif said:

Yea, but as an ERAU undergrad and postgrad alumni I must brag!

FAA- Federal Aviation Administration