• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

City Pairs travel for dummies

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So when I was traveling to London to drill in the mid 90s I non-reved as an airline dude. Never got a dime even though there were expenses. Was given a hotel in central London tho. Clean. Great location. Horrible twin beds. No chair. No A/C. Tiny TV. O-3 and below had to share a room. Fortunately I didn't have to share.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Does the Navy cover travel costs for inactive duty training?

The ANG does not.

They do for IDTT. I’ve done it a couple times. I believe the intent is to facilitate paid (comair) travel and lodging for training at a remote/detachment location rather than from your home to your drilling location. We use it for funding travel expenses while participating in a det while using drills (rather than AT/ADT orders). Definitely the most lucrative way of doing a week or two, since you get paid the drill rate for each day you are there, rather than orders with a reduced BAH rate (for orders under 30 days). But that is the only way i can think of in our normal business, in which this would be the case.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So when I was traveling to London to drill in the mid 90s I non-reved as an airline dude. Never got a dime even though there were expenses. Was given a hotel in central London tho. Clean. Great location. Horrible twin beds. No chair. No A/C. Tiny TV. O-3 and below had to share a room. Fortunately I didn't have to share.
It's O-4 and below these days, and if I had to make a list of the most unsat morale-destroying bullshit in the Navy Reserve (of which there is legion), that's near the top. If you're going to force people to double up, it should be E-6 and below, or whatever the rule is for the AC.

Buffmeyer

It’s moving toward O-5 and below, but they haven’t unfuggled the room accommodations in a lot of the NRCs with NGIS. I hope my roommates are hirsute and aromatic.

snake020

Contributor
It’s moving toward O-5 and below, but they haven’t unfuggled the room accommodations in a lot of the NRCs with NGIS. I hope my roommates are hirsute and aromatic.
Is there a new instruction out, because last I checked the 4000.1F dated 16 Mar 2021 says "rooms are to be single occupancy for officers in pay grades O5 and above" yet my new piece of shit NRC had me sign a Page 13 implying that O5s will be doubled up.

It's O-4 and below these days, and if I had to make a list of the most unsat morale-destroying bullshit in the Navy Reserve (of which there is legion), that's near the top. If you're going to force people to double up, it should be E-6 and below, or whatever the rule is for the AC.
And yet, it seems I'm seeing a lot of posts for CNR begging to sell people on joining the Navy Reserve, yet their treatment of current Reservists is making them all run for the door when their MSO is up or they hit 20.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
But that is the only way i can think of in our normal business, in which this would be the case.

It was also used for cross-assigned individuals. I'm guessing that's still a thing. Using IDTT for those cross-assigned allows someone who lives outside the area but is also "cheap" (read: E4 and below) to participate more at their operational unit, which also benefits the CA-in unit.

taxi1

pilot
At Willow Grove it was O4 on down at hotels off base, 1992 through many years. On base you had your own room, but central showers. Billeting was across the base too, where keys were issued.

I still remember the squadron mate walking out of his room in just a towel and then realizing he’d just locked the door to his room.

Last edited:

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a new instruction out, because last I checked the 4000.1F dated 16 Mar 2021 says "rooms are to be single occupancy for officers in pay grades O5 and above" yet my new piece of shit NRC had me sign a Page 13 implying that O5s will be doubled up.
Does REDCOM or the IG know they're doing that?

snake020

Contributor
Does REDCOM or the IG know they're doing that?
I can't confirm that they actually are, but I will find out whether it's true next month.

The text of the page 13 line item is "I understand that all rooms are to be double occupancy of like gender, with officers separated from enlisted, O5 and above will be separated from O4 and below and E-7 and above will be separated from E-6 and below."

nittany03

pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't confirm that they actually are, but I will find out whether it's true next month.

The text of the page 13 line item is "I understand that all rooms are to be double occupancy of like gender, with officers separated from enlisted, O5 and above will be separated from O4 and below and E-7 and above will be separated from E-6 and below."
Yeah, as has been discussed, unless something has changed, that’s not CNRFC policy. O-5 and above are supposed to be single occupancy, as are I believe E-7 or E-8 and above.

It’d be interesting to know if there’s some sort of waiver in place or whether that’s yet another case of an NRC going rogue and making up their own rules. Usually it’s the JTR they get creative with; this is new.

snake020

Contributor
Yeah, as has been discussed, unless something has changed, that’s not CNRFC policy. O-5 and above are supposed to be single occupancy, as are I believe E-7 or E-8 and above.

It’d be interesting to know if there’s some sort of waiver in place or whether that’s yet another case of an NRC going rogue and making up their own rules. Usually it’s the JTR they get creative with; this is new.
The Page 13 cites some local NRC instruction which I can't find on their SharePoint, so 'rogue' is my vote.