• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Church Recommendations

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
What was that ginormous one out Blue Angel Blvd, towards the dog track? (in P'cola that is)

BourneID

pilot
Pensacola: Olive Baptist Church on Davis and Olive. Really big, however they have a Military Meal every Sunday after the service, as well some retired/ activeduty Sunday School teachers.

Jacksonville: San Jose Baptist great church and people

baconbits

None
If you live near NAS Pensacola, there is Perdido Bay Baptist on Sorrento road. It's a small church with solid preaching and nice people. If you're living up closer to I-10, there is the Campus Church at PCC. Very solid preaching, fairly large church (5000 people or so) associated with PCC (the PCC students have to attend). However, my complaint with them had to be that they tended to sit high in their castle and wanted to shut out the world instead of help it. Still, if you want excellent preaching they're a good place to go. I will also say that there is no lack of church choices in Pensacola. There is at least one of every denomination and pretty close to one on every street. If you can't find one that you like there, then you probably just didn't bother to go look.
OCF South Pensacola group, led by Ken Vechik is pretty good too. It meets on Thursday nights, with dinner and a Bible study. The group is mostly people in the A-pool, API, students at TRAWING 6, and a few instrutors. It was a fairly large group when I was in P-cola, but I've heard that it's gotten smaller of late.
In Jacksonville, my wife and I have been going to Trinity Baptist Church, in Marietta. They are big (around 3000), but they have a lot of really good small groups. They also have a lot of ministry opportunities in town to help with and really seem to be trying to help the people of Jacksonville. The preaching is very good and so is the worship.

isshinwhat

None
In Pensacola, St. Stephen Catholic Church on Garden Street, close to where Garden and Barrancas intersect, has a sung Traditional Latin Mass at 10:30. It's a close-knit parish... miss being there.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know anything about any of the Methodist churches around NASP?

isshinwhat

None
Cokesbury UMC is on 9th Ave just past Cordova Mall on the left headed North. My roommate went there and enjoyed it. Should be 20 minutes or so from NASP.

FastMover

NFO
None
I started going to First Baptist of Pensacola when I got here and really enjoy it. I normally go to the contemporary (early) service and Sunday school there. The people are super nice and the groups are great. It's definitely worth at least a visit if you're in the Pcola area.