• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS ChuckMK23 & Mad Dog World Tour (KNPA / KNSE)

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Why was the jet roped off in what I'm assuming is a squadron hanger...........did they know you guys were visiting?
Affirm. Pictures were allowed outside roped perimeter only. We did get to look at jet inside roped area but pics were verboten.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
I maintain that the ridiculous amount of time required to cut a JHMCS visor could be reduced by a factor of 10. I just don't see the need for that level of precision at the bottom of the visor.

I hate having a visor that isn't cut just perfectly and allows light between the visor and the mask. I guess those of us looking out of the aircraft more probably care more.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I hate having a visor that isn't cut just perfectly and allows light between the visor and the mask. I guess those of us looking out of the aircraft more probably care more.
Doesn’t the helmet project onto the mask as well? Or did I see that in a sci-fi movie?

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
This is all allegedly part of the JHMCS fit as well, though I'm sure LM has convinced the USG that this is all necessary - lasers, etc. :rolleyes: I maintain that the ridiculous amount of time required to cut a JHMCS visor could be reduced by a factor of 10. I just don't see the need for that level of precision at the bottom of the visor.

Pretty sure H-1 upgrades OTO helmets made by Thales are laser scanned as well. However we definitely don't need that shit.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
That night landing...nope! Stick to my heavies on a fixed runway, y’all can keep that glory for yourselves...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You two guys are a couple of characters, like a college dudes on a road trip, only they're better at not getting in trouble. It was pretty great to finally meet up and trade stories!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
As @webmaster always says, AW is about connecting us as a community. Behind the avatars and usernames are real people who for the most part are like minded, share a common experience and are a great resource to help and support such other. I’ll end the sappy comments here. But it’s always a pleasure meeting you guys in person.

Ok you can go back to snarky comments now after we’ve (virtually) hugged it out!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah in -6 we have a bar (named the "Wormhole" for a -6 IP, callsign Worm, who perished in an accident in the late 2000s). Gets used pretty regularly for tie cuttings and selections as Chuck mentioned. And don't worry, students are not only welcome but we'll say highly encouraged to bring tribute beer :D
Let’s just say I was less than impressed at student bar access during my second trip through the TRACOM. The single anchor side seems to have a much better handle on how not to be douchey about such things, at least in my (somewhat dated) experience.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Dang! No Hooters chicks were available for a pic in Birmingham, AL...so @Jim123
will have to do.

It was great to finally meet you, Jim...thanks for meeting up with us!

Also, it was a pretty incredible F-35 tour that we received from @Python1287 today...thanks a ton, sir!

View attachment 17888

It was a pleasure to meet you and show you guys around. If any other AWs in the NPA NSE NDZ, even NMM areas want to check out the new jet, PM and I’ll arrange it so I can show you around.