• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Christmas wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kolja said:
But since it's become quite manifest that no one who starts these threads is interested in sound advice, and anyone who OFFERS it becomes the bad guy, I'm thinking of just ignoring any thread with "marraige" in the subject line.
Truer words were never spoken, bro. Why is it that the contrarian view automatically makes you a bitter, womanizing A-hole? Seems like the people who do start the threads are more interested in venting/whining than getting real advice from people who are more experienced?

Oh well, good times,

Brett

Fred

ChuckMK23 said:
And for my part - I was NOT being negative about marriage - but in my honest opinion, being married is not a young man's game - my pragmatic advice would be wait until you make 0-4 and you are not at the pointy end of the spear every minute. Then you can have kids, have the big house, etc.

Once you make 04 you move away from the pointy end of the spear? That has not been my experience.

My husband had a lot more free time, ability to take leave, etc., when he was 03 and below. Once he started his Dept head tour, it was arduous duty after arduous duty. He's been gone almost 5 out of the past 8 years. (not all at once) Our older kids, who were born when he was a Lt had daddy around A LOT more than our younger two who were born when he was an 04.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
I'd appreciate any info/advice anyone has on whether I'd be able to take leave for a wedding and/or honeymoon, if this would interfere with training, etc. . .

What part of that makes you think I'm interested in advice about whether or not I should get married? It's a shame some of you can't be more respectful and act like gentlemen. Take that advice from someone who is younger and less experienced. . .
For those of you who offered me useful advice about getting leave, thank you. I think I have everything worked out.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
FlyingBeagle said:
What part of that makes you think I'm interested in advice about whether or not I should get married? It's a shame some of you can't be more respectful and act like gentlemen.

Whoa man, what are you getting so pissy about? If you don't like what someone posted, here's a novel idea: don't read it. They were giving advice as they saw fit I'm sure. Relax a little man.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Whoa man, what are you getting so pissy about? If you don't like what someone posted, here's a novel idea: don't read it. They were giving advice as they saw fit I'm sure. Relax a little man.
Thank you.

Brett

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
FlyingBeagle said:
What part of that makes you think I'm interested in advice about whether or not I should get married? It's a shame some of you can't be more respectful and act like gentlemen. Take that advice from someone who is younger and less experienced. . .
For those of you who offered me useful advice about getting leave, thank you. I think I have everything worked out.
What part of this makes him sound bitter or defensive, gregsivers and Brett? All he's saying is thanks to those who answered the question at hand and didn't do as a liberal would and beat around the bush and/or answer the question THEY want to answer, one that wasn't even on his mind I'm sure.

It's very obvious that a lot of people on here are bitter about this subject but it's not neccessary to serve it to everyone anytime the word is said, or should I say shove it down our throats? You are the ones that need to get over yourselves!

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
HOORAH said:
What part of this makes him sound bitter or defensive, gregsivers and Brett? All he's saying is thanks to those who answered the question at hand and didn't do as a liberal would and beat around the bush and/or answer the question THEY want to answer, one that wasn't even on his mind I'm sure.

It's very obvious that a lot of people on here are bitter about this subject but it's not neccessary to serve it to everyone anytime the word is said, or should I say shove it down our throats? You are the ones that need to get over yourselves!

Well, I'd say he sounds bitter or defensive because he says we're not gentlemen and give advice he doesn't want. And, if you read my first post on this thread, you will find that I offered an answer to the question he's looking for. And I certainly didn't beat around any bush.

I've never been married, so I'm not bitter about it, I just happen to agree with many people that waiting 'til after wings is a good idea. Before you go swinging at me, I happen to know several people in my squadron who are happily married or engaged, and it works for them. I'm not saying marriage is an evil instution and that women are the devil.

And get over myself? No thanks I'm fine, got no problems here.

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Brett327 said:
Once again, thank you. You've saved me from doing some bitter, bitter typing. :D
HAHAHAAHAHA!!! What a dork! Nothing I said was bitter nor mean it was simply a statement of observation! But it's quite funny that it would make you bitter!
Brett327 said:
Generally, I don't expect chicks to understand the male perspective on this issue. It goes against their programming to cash in their chips as early as possible by latching on to some guy and squeezing him for all he's worth.
a) I'm 24 and single. As a matter fact not in a serious relationship nor looking for one at the present. I'm having too much fun without a needy, money sapping guy. :D And yes there are a lot of them, BTW!
b) I think it goes without saying that as an electrical engineer with 3, yes that's 3 degrees, I have a better job and make a he!! of a lot more money than a lot of guys! I don't need your money to 'latch' on to!
c) ALL of my friends are guys I understand the male psyche better than you wish I did! And not all guys view it like you do anyway, BTW, some do, yes, but not all, by all means!
Brett327 said:
I understand that there are exceptions where young love has flourished and made it to maturity, so for those of you out there, malzel tov (that's Jew for good times)! Just know that the statistics are not in your favor. 80% of marriages where one or both people are under 21 end in divorce and the odds don't improve appreciably until age 25.
As stated by I believe Kbay, on this site, the vast majority of statistics are unsupported and made up on the spot, so your numbers are are null and void. :yawn_125:
Brett327 said:
I know that this really isn't the theme of this thread, but since the male position has been continually assaulted, not by reason or fact, but by irrational emotional outbursts, I think it's only fair to set the facts straight. :D
HAHAHAHA! Once again I laugh at you! Irrational emotional outbursts!! HAHAHA! Nothing I have said is emotional nor irrational or lacking fact, as I stated above, merely a statement of observation that you all jumped all over this poor guy for asking a question about time between Christmas and New Years, not whether he should do it or not or if he should do it after he wings or his first deployment or when he's an O-4 or after he's "had a lot of fun first." Not everyone defines sleeping with as many women as possible fun nor do the vast majority of men refer to women as "vaginas." I think most PEOPLE would consider that a step in the wrong direction to actually "getting some."

Please, your posts are hilarious!!!

And gregsivers sorry for lumping you in with Brett, your posts aren't nearly as bitter sounding as his! :icon_wink

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HOORAH said:
HAHAHAAHAHA!!! What a dork! Nothing I said was bitter nor mean it was simply a statement of observation! But it's quite funny that it would make you bitter!

If you had read the quote from my post, you would have realized that I was responding to Gregsivers, not you. Nevertheless, I'm glad you feel you have to resort to personal attacks - so much for a lack of emotionality. It would be a shame for this highly relevant topic to devolve into a non-productive flame war. Frankly, I was hoping for a little more reasoned approach, but I should have known better. I'm thrilled that you have your life together and seem to be an exception to the rule - the rule stands. The only person who used the word "all" is you, not me, and since I know very little about you or the original poster, I'm forced to speak in generalities, which, as much as it may pain you to acknowledge, are generally true. As for my stats, they're from the National Center for Health Statistics. Read 'em and weep. Finally, I hope you feel better after venting like that. Unlike you, I have a moral, and professional obligation to counsel young officers on the realities of fleet life. They don't have to like it, or agree with my point of view, but my duty to lay it out there for them to see remains.

Good times,

Brett

Minnie

HOORAH said:
a) I'm 24 and single. As a matter fact not in a serious relationship nor looking for one at the present. I'm having too much fun without a needy, money sapping guy. :D And yes there are a lot of them, BTW!
b) I think it goes without saying that as an electrical engineer with 3, yes that's 3 degrees, I have a better job and make a he!! of a lot more money than a lot of guys! I don't need your money to 'latch' on to!

So, I am assuming that you guys broke up and your plans have changed?

HOORAH said:
Granted I'm a gf/fiance of a marine and also in the service, I'm not currently active duty like he is and I'm the one that is planning on going to law school and becoming an officer/JAG in the Corps and going active too.
Quoted from www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10496&page=2&pp=20

Good times :D

Status
Not open for further replies.