• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Choosing NFO or pilot pipeline (+ bonus: High Flight Threadjack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DON

Do NOT go NFO if you have another option! It eats at me everyday that so many chuckle heads I work with are pilots and I am an NFO. From experience.......it sucks in the back!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do NOT go NFO if you have another option! It eats at me everyday that so many chuckle heads I work with are pilots and I am an NFO. From experience.......it sucks in the back!

Please. :rolleyes: Why don't you lat transfer to SWO, or just drop your letter if your existence is so miserable. Bitter is no way to go through life.

Brett

MasterBates

So are you an angry TrunkMonkey, or a dissatisfied TubeRat?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Who are you?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
RetreadRand said:
Actually Bunk...Window lickers are what we NFOs called the E-6 pilots...

See, all I know is what some of the E-2 pilot referred to the NFO's in the back. I've never flown with NFO's so I have nothing but high praise for them :D

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Here's my .02

***Surgeon General's Warning, if you have thin skin, please skip to next reply***

Go Pilot. If you want to be in the action, with the action, whatever, go pilot. Why do I say this? Well, chances are that you may never see fire coming at you, nor will you return it. Even if you do, it will probably be less than 10 flights in your life, out of hundreds. So, this means that there will be a ton of training flights, patrols, etc. These flights you want to have the controls in your hand for something to do. Much more fun. Jets are cool and I wouldn't trade them for the world. However, sitting in the back of the Prowler is NOT that fun. Yeah, if you are going in on the first night back there and Jamming, maybe, but on the day to day flight, the NFO's sitting in the back are simply logging flight time. NFO's, do not take this as an insult. The Grant County Instrument route has nothing tactical about it and therefor no need to jam. I cannot attest to the WSO world, but still, I would much rather drive than ride. There are some out there that prefer NFO, but the majority that I WORK WITH would trade in a second. Plenty of NFO's have transferred to become pilots. I don't know of any Pilots that elected to become an NFO.:eek: (some decided to do it when they couldn't land on the ship, but it was not a choice) So, personally if there is a question, I feel like there is no question.
Whatever you pick, study your ass off, be humble until after your first deployment, and welcome to the best job in the military!

Okay, commence the "hurt feelings" and the "you don't know what you are talking about" comments.....

p.s. Don't think helos are no fun. Got a chance to fly a 46 and it was pretty sweet. At least you can fly backwards!!!

ProwlerPilot

pilot
. . . . . no, it's about a little deference to those that have gone before you, that's all !!
;)

Are you serious?! Dude's looking for advice and last I checked you don't need to "rush" to get your wings. Just go through flight school and do well. If someone on here is too sensitive to take a "puddle jumper" comment in jest, then maybe the unforgiving environment of aviation isn't really for you. God forbid you had to get a paddles debrief for the screaming waveoff followed by a taxi one!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.