• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chinese officials attend "Valiant Shield"

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
China pleased after watching U.S. wargames

By CHRISTOPHER BODEEN

My first reaction after reading this AP article was pure shock that our leaders would allow a potential enemy to observe our forces. But now I wonder just how much does China already know about our tactics? So I guess I'm looking for the communities thoughts on this article.

Thanks,

Tex

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Easy there Tiger. It's not as though their going to break out the Secret and TS pubs so the Chinese can browse through them. This is all part of the delicate dance of international relations.

Brett

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Tex_Hill said:
My first reaction after reading this article was pure shock that our leaders would allow a potential enemy to observe our forces. But now I wonder just how much does China already know about our tactics? So I guess I'm looking for the communities thoughts on this article.

Thanks,

Tex
My bet is that the Chinese were shown exactly what we wanted them to see and no more.

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Tex_Hill said:
This week's maneuvers were part of U.S. efforts to reinvigorate exchanges between the two militaries, which have had little interaction since a U.S. spy plane collided with a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001.

Don't they mean a Chinese jet fighter collided with a US patrol aircraft?:)

Chubby

WideTurnForP3Planes.jpg

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got back from the Reagan where I was for summer cruise and I got to see Valiant Shield and all that. I did think it was funny for Focsle Follies one of the squadrons did Top Five Reasons Valiant Shield is stupid. One of them was "Nothing says OPSEC like inviting communist spies to your war games."

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Just wondering, isn't it naive to think that China doesn't know our tactics already? I mean, don't they have their own spy satellites and intel people who it is safe to assume, have been observing our previous war games albeit in secret? Just as we observe theirs with our intel assets? We don't really conduct war games in secret last time I checked, so I see this visit as more of a diplomatic and political move to strengthen military relations between our two countries. Maybe I'm the naive one?