• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

cherry point

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
Hey guys/gals,

I just got back from a weekend at Cherry Point. My OSO here (penn state) and a Pitt OSO took a handful of us air contract guys down for the weekend. Friday we got to use the prowler sim. and saturday we went out into the flight lines. We got to witness a squadron of harriers returning from 6 months at war. It was pretty moving seeing a pilot get out of his plane and being able to kiss his 3 little children that he hasnt seen for 6 months. One of the pilots was also the first female pilot to ever be in combat, which is pretty cool. At night two 18's flew in and they showed us the planes, and even took us up into the cockpit seats and explained the electronics to us. This all means nothing to you, but it was a great weekend and I thought I would tell you about it.

Also, marine guys shooting for the 189 class for june 5th; my OSO informed me that they are only taking a total of 100 guys from across the whole country, 25% of those being air contracts..so it will be competitive for us all

Clux4

Banned
Do you mean the first female harrier pilot to be in combat or the first usmc female pilot in general ?

I think they are counting on other commissioning sources for 189 i.e MECEP and the other

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
i was told that she is the first female pilot period to be in combat.

i am not familiar with MECEP...what does it stand for?

Crowbar

None
MECEP=Marine Corps Enlisted Commissioning Education Program. Active duty enlisted Marines who get paid to finish college then get a commission.

MECEP's don't go to OCC classes, they go with NROTC for Bulldog. MCP's and ECP's, do, however, go to OCC. But there are usually only about 10-20 MCP's and ECP's total selected for each class.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
She must have been the first female Harrier pilot in combat, because I know there were 2 female helo pilots in Afghanistan in '01, as well as at least one WM WSO in 18Ds at that same time.

skyhigh81

olympianchc said:
Hey guys/gals,

I just got back from a weekend at Cherry Point. My OSO here (penn state) and a Pitt OSO took a handful of us air contract guys down for the weekend. Friday we got to use the prowler sim. and saturday we went out into the flight lines. We got to witness a squadron of harriers returning from 6 months at war. It was pretty moving seeing a pilot get out of his plane and being able to kiss his 3 little children that he hasnt seen for 6 months. One of the pilots was also the first female pilot to ever be in combat, which is pretty cool. At night two 18's flew in and they showed us the planes, and even took us up into the cockpit seats and explained the electronics to us. This all means nothing to you, but it was a great weekend and I thought I would tell you about it.

Also, marine guys shooting for the 189 class for june 5th; my OSO informed me that they are only taking a total of 100 guys from across the whole country, 25% of those being air contracts..so it will be competitive for us all

I think you mean the first female harrier pilot; I know two from MCAS Beaufort (F-18s) that flew in Iraq. I am also class 188 applicant ECP. Board conv today......waiting....and waiting....

Status
Not open for further replies.