• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cherry Point! Two miles to the beach...

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
1800 Bay ST Unit 205;
Morehead city, NC
3 Bedroom, 3.5 Bathroom, Waterfront Home that is 2 miles from the beach. Each room has its own bathroom, with large closets, and extra storage in the garage and the attic. There is also a day dock – I’m not sure what the fishing laws are, but I saw the neighbors have some luck with their crab pot off the end of the dock. $600 includes the utilities and Cable/Internet. I’ve got it set up with the High Speed Internet, High Def TV, and then HBO and Cinemax + an Xbox 360. If the price seems expensive, you could find another option in Brandywine Bay with a large house. You will have to get a couple guys together and sign a year lease, it won’t be on the water, and you won’t have your own bathroom. You might as well go with the flexible leasing option.

If you prefer, I could probably go $500 + 1/3, but I'll be deployed for half the year, and then on the road for the half of the half that I am home - a lot easier to just set a base price and have my card billed directly for the bills.

My preference is to only rent to military officers. I’ll take other people, but you have to have the right personality. The main traits that I am looking for is the personality dynamics and that everybody gets along. I’ve been in enough weird roommate situations that it isn’t worth doing that again. You’ve got to be some sort of professional that works hard in the week and then doesn’t mind letting loose on the weekend. Being neat and taking care of the house goes without saying – but that will be the next big trait. The final trait is getting along with everyone – all the neighbors are very cool and take care of each other. You will have to get along with them, because once you live on the water, the space becomes a bit more compact. I am very laid back and easygoing, and will be flexible with terms or length of lease.

I’ll have two rooms available in the beginning of January after I close on the house. If you’re relocating to the area, or being transferred to Cherry Point take a hard look at the choice between living in New Bern or Morehead City. People go to New Bern to Die! If you want to live in a retirement community, then that’s cool. Basically people live North or South of the base and usually deal with about a 30 min drive. But then to hang out with the people in New Bern or visa versa your looking at a 45 min drive, so it never happens. I’ve watched enough people move to New Bern over the years saying that they want to be in a City only to find that there are two bars, both of which aren’t fun and then they end up miserable. Then if you live on the Neuse River, it is so polluted that you will never want to swim in it. Another buddy crashed on his wakeboard and cut his foot a year ago and still has a funky growth. You might as well live as close to the beach as possible! Once you get to Morehead, everybody has a center console fishing boat, and is out on the water all the time. The ambiance of the sound/ocean/marshy area makes Morehead City so much more pleasant The beach is very comparable to Pensacola beach from my initial impressions. Don’t get me wrong, if the military brings you to Cherry Point, your still going to be in the middle of nowhere, but you might as well live in an area that you can enjoy your free time.

front.jpg

kitchen.jpg

deck.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Looks like a great place ... hell, back-in-the-day ... I would have rented both rooms from you.

It's NOT expensive, guys ... take advantage of living "the life" while you can ... marriage, wives, kids, dogs, houses, the 'burbs, and mediocrity will be your lot in life all too soon ... :) ... enjoy the "Naval Aviator life" while you can.

ALWAYS: within 2 miles of the beach .... and BigWorm: .. I'll PM you my address so you can forward the commission check to me ... ;)

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Its a good thing my dad is a FedEx pilot! I'll use his account to ship a case of budlight - I don't deal with paper for commission.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Married life....all too soon...yadayada. In my squadron we have three single officers. One is the flight doc, another is our S-2 bubba. Of course, the third and only one that flies is engaged (for the second time).