• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Check in drug test

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only had one urinalysis where the observer followed the letter of the law to a T. Checking into my first squadron on deployment had to check in to the TPU. The MA doing the duty squatted and got at eye level with my crotch as I was on the toilet.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only had one urinalysis where the observer followed the letter of the law to a T. Checking into my first squadron on deployment had to check in to the TPU. The MA doing the duty squatted and got at eye level with my crotch as I was on the toilet.
Creepy.

Bad_Karma_1310

pilot
Like 99.9% sure the relevant instruction only requires observers to see urine leave the body. Which they don’t need pants on the floor to do.

Would guess it’s a mix of observers going a step to far and some of them being creepy.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are my peers at SWA, Deloitte and JPMorgan also watching the fluid leave each others’ urethrae at work, or is that a military-unique job perk?

I've done two or three as a government civilian, with the last one was a mass test with all the folks in my office and the only tester was a gal for ~20 of us. It ended up being a somewhat convoluted process with the tester pouring food coloring in the toilet and her visually checking the stall after each person completed their task. Between that and it taking place in a building that had strictly controlled access we weren't cleared for it was all a strange experience that took over 3 hours for all of us to get done with.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Haha man, where do you all work......Naval Station Rikers Island?

Have never seen anything like this ever, in the last 19 years of participating in the Navy UA program. I'm sure it is probably the correct way, but damn, that's awkward

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The two DOT tests I've taken were at a third-party facility and was conducted by myself in the bathroom. They poured some dye in the toilet and I had to empty my pockets before going in.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The two DOT tests I've taken were at a third-party facility and was conducted by myself in the bathroom. They poured some dye in the toilet and I had to empty my pockets before going in.

Dang, that was not my experience either (both with my CTR job or my airline/DOT interview hire day). I'll say the cleared contractor job one was in a sketchy part of town, but IIRC it was pretty much like a normal Navy UA. Same for the DOT screen at the 121 HQ building.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dang, that was not my experience either (both with my CTR job or my airline/DOT interview hire day). I'll say the cleared contractor job one was in a sketchy part of town, but IIRC it was pretty much like a normal Navy UA. Same for the DOT screen at the 121 HQ building.

I'm sure it being in the HQ building probably had a big part to do with that. Mine were for -135 ops, so I'm not sure there's as much a concern. I haven't had an unannounced test yet at work, but I've been there when someone else did. They just drive down to the nearest facility from work and donate at another third-party collection point.

Interesting you had to take one for your CTR job...or maybe I'm misremembering. Wasn't it a flying job? I didn't have to do a test for my flying CTR job, but the company is really small, so maybe they didn't worry about it. Plus they couldn't ever manage to get an offer letter drafted without errors, so them focusing on one thing at a time is probably a good thing.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
I just checked into a TPU command ( waiting on my clearance to finalize) and when I went to the UPC office for check in urinalysis they told me they recently changed their protocol. I had to be read a page long sop that basically said I need to stand on foot prints on the deck at a 45 degree angle , trousers and underwear lowered below the knees , brown shirt lifted out of the way , free hand not obscuring the view of my penis, it was very humiliating. Has anyone ever had to do this before?
Doing this, if you're ever a UA coordinator, would be a great way to get the callsign "Gayzer".

That said, I saw this process both at MEPS and OCS, and I don't recall it ever being like that after then. It is by the letter of the instruction though I believe... But typically, they will let you have some privacy and piss in the cup and twist on the cap and turn it in.