• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Charlie Co.

Raptor2216

I just found out today that i'm sloted for charlie co. in april and I was just curious to know if anyone else is heading to C co. as well? I hope to do IFS before TBS so I need to look into that. Other than that, i'm kind of glad to be going in april b/c it means I won't have to freeze my nuts off.

usmcecho4

pilot
P_ubhi18 said:
I just found out today that i'm sloted for charlie co. in april and I was just curious to know if anyone else is heading to C co. as well? I hope to do IFS before TBS so I need to look into that. Other than that, i'm kind of glad to be going in april b/c it means I won't have to freeze my nuts off.

Yeah, you'll just heat cas instead. Good luck.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
jamnww said:
Summer is not necessarily a great time to be in Quantico...

There's no such thing as a "great time to be in Quantico"

Raptor2216

usmcecho4 said:
Yeah, you'll just heat cas instead. Good luck.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

I did all of OCS during the summers so I know what to expect and how to deal with it, plus I prefer the heat anyway. Being from CA doesn't help when it comes to coping with the cold so i'm happy about it.

Crowbar

None
P_ubhi18 said:
I did all of OCS during the summers so I know what to expect and how to deal with it, plus I prefer the heat anyway. Being from CA doesn't help when it comes to coping with the cold so i'm happy about it.

We had a lot of people (including me) who thought that same way at the beginning of TBS. By the end we were all big fans of cold weather.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Cold weather = sucks in the field; however, there are no leaves on the trees, which makes it a lot easier to find the ammo can with faded red paint on it 20 ft away.

Also, myself and a lot of others were slated for Charlie company, but got orders in the end of October to show up for Alpha Company with but a few weeks notice. Don’t get to comfortable, you just might find yourself happy as a squirrel all nestled up next to your M-16 in a field of snow on a cold winter night.

usmcecho4

pilot
P_ubhi18 said:

A lot of people did OCS in the summer at Quantico. TBS in the summer is nothing like it. Here's a few differences: there are no flag days, there is no aclimatization period, you will wear flak jackets (this is a warming layer), you will have a heavier weapon (SAW, 203, 240, tripod, a-barrel, etc), your field exercises will be a week long, you will be digging a lot, you will be in gas masks a lot, you will do buddy rushes for hundreds of meters, your marches will be longer, your gear list will be heavier, your land nav legs will be measured in hundreds if not thousands of meters, and many more heat related negatives. I've never heard anyone who was sweating their balls off just sitting still get very enthusiastic about doing a 6 click movement to contact with full packs.

Go colder if you can. Bravo is probably the best mix of hot and cold and Fox probably the worst (it just gets colder and colder).

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

Shadow9660

Thats true, and as a Charlie '05 member currently, I'm sure you all heard about our record 30 some heat casualties during final land nav (because we didn't eat breakfast).... TBS= Take Breakfast Seriously. Other than that you learn to cope with the heat....you feel it the most on PT events.