• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Changing class dates?

vincentjus

Got a message from my recruiter's admin guy that my ocs date is May 10, a lot sooner than I expected. I put June 14 as my date available for training. Is the date they give me written in stone or can I move it back a couple of weeks? If so, how hard is it to do this?

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Same thing happened to me when I went in '06. I got my date pushed back a month without a problem, but I had a good legitimate reason. I would ask as soon as you can, nothing will piss them off then having you spring it on 'em later rather than sooner and make sure it is a good reason like to complete a move out of an apartment or something (which is why I needed to push it, so I would not violate my lease as they didnt have a mil clause), not just I wanna spend more time with my girlfriend or whatever. HTH and good luck at OCS, be louder than any of your classmates.

Josh

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I did the same thing. write a letter to "whom it may concern" and request an extension. you don't even have to be specific, just a general, but legit reason will suffice. ask your recruiter about it as well. i got month of extension without any problems.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. I was supposed to report Feb 2nd and got it pushed back to Mar 2. I didn't even have to write a letter. My recruiter asked me why and I simply told him I wanted a little more time for some shin splints to go away, plus more time to move out of my apartment. The next day my processor sent the request and my date was pushed back no problem.