• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Changes to FY16 ACSB

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
The board started yesterday (3/9) and the convening order is posted. I noticed a change to the OP quotas that I have not seen before (at least for HSC). The past few years the OP quota was not limited to AZ/IZ. They just picked the best qualified. This year they limited the AZ selectees across the board. For example HSC and HSM are limited to 1 AZ selection. There was a provision to move those quotas between AZ/IZ with a majority vote.

My question is do they tank the AZ guys separately? Seems like they would have to or face a vote.

Link to FY 16 convening order. http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n.../aviation/Documents/FY16ACSBConvOrdActive.PDF
FY15 convening order. http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/screenboards/aviation/Documents/ACSB_fy15_ActiveCO.pdf

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Same tank, but 1st or 2nd look is annotated. Some communities have done the AZ/IZ Quotas for a few years. It's up to each communities leadership to decide if they want to do this.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Seems like a lot of AZ slots for VP (5)...any reason so many spots offered to second look CDR's?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
southwest-airlines-logo.jpg

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
On another note, does VFA always make close to twice as many skippers?

I didn't think VFA represented that much of the flying Navy. I'm guessing there's ~35 VFA squadrons...but the squadrons themselves have fewer pilots than other communities?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It has more to do with the number of command opportunities in a community (I.E. number of squadrons) than how many 13x0 are in that community.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Figured that. I guess there are similar helo spots available, they're just broken into HSC and HSM

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On another note, does VFA always make close to twice as many skippers?

I didn't think VFA represented that much of the flying Navy. I'm guessing there's ~35 VFA squadrons...but the squadrons themselves have fewer pilots than other communities?

Small wardrooms coupled with more squadrons = more command opportunities for VFA guys.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I thought the same. I heard the tank was done for the AD side. If true, then I guess phone calls will start going out today?

Not sure. I got my "Thanks for playing...but no," call yesterday and the list was up this morning, but I thought the AC side was still going into next week.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Server has been down all afternoon... askskipper has the document on his blog...
I think I know only one of the VP selects...8 1320 to 4 1310...FML...