• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

change of command uniform help

Status
Not open for further replies.

farkle84

i will be going to a change of command on friday and they told me that the uniform that would be suitable would be Charlies. i know it is short sleeve khaki shirt and black shoes. but what pants and what cover? any help appreciated.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I guess they dont teach uniform regs in Marine OCS. For the blouse, I would take it to the cleaners and tell them military creases. Then, after they press them in, all you have to do is follow the tracks. Second if you go to http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/library/MCUR/URTOC.htm you will see a copy of Marine Corps Uniform Regulations, its a Marine reg so it pretty much marine proof. Just click on the chapter you want. In your case probably chpt 2 and 3. Hope this helps.

Dave

kimphil

I understand your confusion. The Marines have too many uniforms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Camie trousers ("pants" are for women) and woolen ski cap--with ear flaps down, of course.

or...
Green trou and garrison cap, aka piss cutter or c*** cap.

Phrogs phorever

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I'm a 2nd Lt who is still learning uniforms. They don't teach you anything about uniforms at OCS, besides cammies.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Actually, I take that back. For one of our GMS tests they had us memorize the various components of some of the uniforms. I don't believe we were even shown pictures of the uniforms, just information in the form of:
"The Service Alpha Uniform consists of:
-A Cover
-Trousers" etc.

Needless to say, you do your best to memorize the required information immediately before the test, hope you pass, and then perform an immediate memory dump and start worrying about things that actually matter at OCS. For all intents and purposes, unless a Lt does research on their own, they really won't know much about uniforms until TBS.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Don't make fun of him. Taxman is right, they don't teach jack at OCS. I'm sure everyone went through what he's going through at some time, and if you say you didn't, your lying. And the Navy ensigns making fun of him makes me nuts. I see you the OCS guys walking around Pensacola all the time in their uniforms. You guys don't put cammies on once.
Taxman, don't worry, just get one of those little Marine Uniform books with the ruler in it and you'll be fine. I still use mine.
Sorry if i sound angry, but i just downed a flight. Its not fun, especially 3 days from selection...

farkle84

sorry we all cant be like you devil dawg, this site is about giving help and asking for things that others may lend a hand in. but thanks for your criticism, just goes to show what kind of person you are. thank you to all of those that helped me out. i appreciate it.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
When do you go to TBS Farkle?

"There were many airplanes, but it was the skinny bird that scared us the most."
- Iraqi POW on the AH-1W Cobra -

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Farkle & Taxman,

Ask all the questions y'all need to. It's better to get your questions answered now and be ahead of the game when y'all report to TBS.

Farkle, I think you are a better person for asking for help, most folks are too proud to ask for help.

Good luck to both of you at TBS, try not to lose your minds.

Beetle

farkle84

EA-B1 i will be going to TBS in november. crowbar, i dont live in SD anymore, moved to lemoore and am trying to get a stash job with the Marine Training Squadron VFA-125 for the Hornets. i have met some of th Marines there and now i know i can ask them for help with uniforms. and thanks E5B good luck with flight school. Semper Fi

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
i think asking alot of questions on here is fine and good, but i wouldn't get into the habit of doing it when dealing with real people. you know, the kind that you really meet and see you everyday.

at some point, you have to realize that you have to take the initiate and find some $hit out for yourself. you obviously have the internet, so did you consider doing a search to find some things out? maybe, in the future you might even phrase your typical question a little different.. like, "hey, does anyone know of a good website that covers uniform regs..?" that way you can look up other regs and you can trust the source a little more... also, you'll seem a little less clueless..

sorry if i seem like i'm busting balls, not meaning to, just a little friendly advice... huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.