• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

chances with dismissed DV charges

billedshark6

Hello all, in november of 2022 I was involved with an altercation with my wife (girlfriend at the time) due to some emotional things going on in our life, it was a shoving match that led me to slapping her in the face. I am ashamed of what happened but long story short, I was arrested and let out, never went to court or anything, the DA dismissed the charges. So no conviction. Is it worth it to try and pursue getting commissioned, or do I even have a chance. I did get a officer recruiter to work with me and I took the OAR and got a 52, my gpa is a 3.3 majoring in finance. I started working with a enlisted recruiter because i thought my chances of getting in via enlisting were better than commissioning and now I am at the point were I have to choose which side to continue working with. any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

snake020

Contributor
You have nothing to lose by disclosing and applying but effort and time. I wouldn't recommend enlisting unless there is a specific rate that appeals to you that you can get guaranteed in your contract.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello all, in november of 2022 I was involved with an altercation with my wife (girlfriend at the time) due to some emotional things going on in our life, it was a shoving match that led me to slapping her in the face. I am ashamed of what happened but long story short, I was arrested and let out, never went to court or anything, the DA dismissed the charges. So no conviction. Is it worth it to try and pursue getting commissioned, or do I even have a chance. I did get a officer recruiter to work with me and I took the OAR and got a 52, my gpa is a 3.3 majoring in finance. I started working with a enlisted recruiter because i thought my chances of getting in via enlisting were better than commissioning and now I am at the point were I have to choose which side to continue working with. any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ooof doubtful but it doesn’t hurt to try.

exNavyOffRec

You know the negative in this scenario, the plus is that it was dismissed prior to court but was it dismissed with or without prejudice?

If you are thinking of going enlisted to then get a commission that isn't a great plan. I would have you apply via OCS and see what happens.

What designator were you thinking of?

Also be aware any jobs you apply for that require any type of federal regulated license and background will result in this arrest showing up.