• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Chain of Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast12

I'm getting ready to head down to pensacola and am having trouble finding the current chain of command. can anyone give me some direction?

wobble

Don't worry about that too much. You'll get that when you get there. There will also be ample motivation to learn it quickly.

I don't remember them all but starting at the top is POTUS: G.W. Bush, VPOTUS: Richard Cheney, SECNAV: ??????(it's recently changed a couple of times), CNO: ADM Clark, Chief of Nav Education & Training: VADM Harms, Chief of Nav Air Training: RADM Boyington, CO of Nav Aviation Schools Command: CAPT Weideman(well it was a year ago, I don't know if it's the same), XO NASC:?????, CO OCS: ??????, XO OCS: ???????, Battalion Officer in Charge: TBD, Class Officer: TBD, Class Chief and Class Drill Instructor: TBD, Section Leader: TBD(changes daily)

I hope that helps. Again don't worry about it too much if you can't find it before you get there. Work on the other memory items because with them there is more to remember. Also be aware that there may be a disparity between the gouge you now have and what exactly they want you to recite when you're there.

2fast12

thanks wobble. if you have any other useful last minute advice for me please feel free to give it to me. by the way, how is flight school going for you?

eaw75

I've been memorizing the Big 4 and have noticed some differences between items on the OCS site and items in the blue "Guide to Success" book the recruiter hands out. Should I just stick to the OCS version?

SG

They just reorganized the chain of command for OCS so beware that any gouge you get before arriving is most likely incorrect. My wife is in class 14-03 and she said the chain of command that they have to know for their 9th week RLP is the old structure even though the new structure is in place. The more recent arrivals are being taught the new chain of command.

wobble

Study hard and be flexible with what they want you to know. 2fast12, OCS shouldn't be as big of a shock to you since you're a former marine. The DI's are the same as on the island except they're all SSgt or above. You'll have fond memories when you get to meet them and their winning personalities. Make sure your Gig line is straight and keep your eye on the prize and you'll do fine.

aslam

We have new chain of command, class 18-03.

1. Section leader
2. Class CPO and Class DI
3. Class Officer
4. Battalion Officer in Charge
5. Assistant Director of OCS
6. Director of OCS
7. Executive Officer, Officer Training Command
8. Commanding Officer, Officter Training Command
9. Commander, Naval Service Training Command
10. Chief of Naval Education & Training
11. Chief of Naval Operations
12. Secretary of the Navy
13. Secretary of Defense
14. Vice President
15. President

ASLAM.

NuSnake

Patmack--
Whats your status man? How are things goin down there for ya?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

s_aslam

Patmack -
I heard you may be rolling into clas 18-03 with my fiance, Aslam. Is this right?

Stephanie

GO NAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.