• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CH-53 Crash in GOA

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
They have a helo dunk tank aboard Lejeune. Our battalion is going on a MEU so everyone in the "vertical assault" companies is getting qualed. There's also an AAV egress trainer. Those things are 90% sunk when everything is working correctly.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
As good of a training as it is, it still gives me the heebie-jeebies. Getting my Cat III with the SEBDs was not fun either. Someone in my group brought up a good point that someone had to actually test the trainer and do several rides to make sure it was "just right."

busdriver

None
Some people are not comfortable in the water, some are. I thought the dunker was no big deal, many people I know hate it! I grew up doing summer swim league competition, teach your kids to swim folks it's a valuable life skill to be comfortable in the water.

That said, I'm happy to hear everyone got out ok, dunker training is time well spent.

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
As good of a training as it is, it still gives me the heebie-jeebies. Getting my Cat III with the SEBDs was not fun either. Someone in my group brought up a good point that someone had to actually test the trainer and do several rides to make sure it was "just right."

on the prop blade.....contact Davis-Monthan AFB........they got lots of P-3's stiing around......as I remember those blades are like 2 feet wide.......