• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CGI Space Marines (ASSEMBLE!)

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Instead of loading up with tanks and aav's and whatnot, why don't we:

Put the "Space Marines" in capsules and fire them from orbiting troop carriers like rounds out of a gun.

The capsules would disintegrate as it fell creating a confusing radar signature for enemy gunners on the ground. Several parachutes would be attached allowing the "Space Marine" to deploy them and cut them loose as needed.

Once on the ground he would be in a powered armored suit making him incredibly fast and strong and it would hold a lot of weapons on it.

That would be wicked kickass.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Instead of loading up with tanks and aav's and whatnot, why don't we:

Put the "Space Marines" in capsules and fire them from orbiting troop carriers like rounds out of a gun.

The capsules would disintegrate as it fell creating a confusing radar signature for enemy gunners on the ground. Several parachutes would be attached allowing the "Space Marine" to deploy them and cut them loose as needed.

Once on the ground he would be in a powered armored suit making him incredibly fast and strong and it would hold a lot of weapons on it.

That would be wicked kickass.

Second reference to Starship Troopers in less than a month.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Sorry, that is just what I thought of when I saw the video.

I will try and diversify my esoteric references to old books.

(To be fair, I didn't really reference it last time, I commented on someone else referencing it)

schwarti

Contributor
I gotta find my copy of that book. Just re-read Stranger in a Strange Land recently, and it's still just as awesome.

Rasczak

Marine
23_29_105v.gif

the music makes me hate that guy, atleast the intro stuff..

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Sorry, that is just what I thought of when I saw the video.

I will try and diversify my esoteric references to old books.

(To be fair, I didn't really reference it last time, I commented on someone else referencing it)

I know you didn't. I was just noting that the same book got referenced in two different unrelated threads.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Yeah.. that's five minutes of my life that i'll never get back.. I kept watching in the vain hope it would get better, but... it never did... it... never... did....... :eek::eek::eek: