• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG Recruiter Trouble

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
Hey All,
I'm venting and looking for suggestions on how to push my recruiter without putting him off. I first met with him a MONTH AGO and he has yet to get me a date for a flight physical exam or to sit in on the ASTB (which he says he can't do until after the physical??). I check in with him 1-2 times a week, and just get a song and dance. I am applying to OCS via Blue 21 so I have to complete them before the Feb.16 deadline for the next board. :icon_rage

Switch to another recruiter is a bad option as the next nearest recruiter is over 60 miles away, and they might be just as bad. (I'm in OC CA, so not too many recruiters around here)
So, do I ask to talk with his commander? Get the Regional recruting HQ on the line? Camp out in my recruiter's office for the day and throw paper airplanes at him until he gets me a date? I know Feb seems a long way off, but if I mess around with this for a few more weeks, take the ASTB and don't get good scores the first time and wait 30 days (then there's X-mas in the middle of all that) to take it again, its mid-to late-January before you know it and we are trying to cram an interview session in before the deadline! I hate waiting until the last minute and this guy seems like he couldn't care less! :confused:

Ben_Dover

My sister had an almost identical situation a few months ago. She was eager to join and tried unsuccessfully to get some assistance from the recruiter. She was about to give up on the idea when I told her to contact another recruiter from a different recruiting district. While the "new" recruiter wasn't able to necessarily take over her case, he was able to provide the guidance that she was looking for. He was also able to shed some light in to why the other recruiter was blowing it.
So, to sum up my recommendation:
Contact a different recruiter, explain your situation with out sounding pouty, and don't bad mouth the other recruiter. Explain that you were hoping he might be able to provide further guidance. There's no doubt he'll know the recruiter you've been working with and if your recruiter really is a bag, he'll more than likely try to help you out.