• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CG 1705 Memorial

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I was unable to take any pics, but this is a picture prior to the ceremony of the new memorial.

2011-10-29074758.jpg

The artist did a great job with the plane; it is bronze with the livery/markings etched in. Skidkid and Tom's names are indeed on a separate plaque devoted to their flight, and and their names and Vengeance 98 were mentioned numerous times throughout the ceremony - by the Coast Guard presenters and the Marines who took part in the ceremony who were part of Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 469.

USCGSSO

Monica was a good friend of mine who I flew with at CG AIRSTA Cape Cod. Her death on 1705 was the first I experienced of someone I served with in the line of duty. I'd be lying if I said that this and other incidents haven't affected my decisions in pursuing SWO over NFO or NA as I look at joining the Navy. I flew with pride, and have the greatest respect for my comrades who continue to do so. You are all brave patriots. Thank you, and thank you Monica for the memories.