• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cell Phones In Kingsville

Samtucker79

ANy providers get especially good or bad reception in and around Kingsville? Noticed on another thread (I did attempt to make sure this wasn't a repetitive thread) that Cingular gives 19% military discounts...

Specifically, I am looking at TMobile.

Thanks to all

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
TMobile has pretty good reception around K-rock. Probably the best actually.

I have Cingular and am quite happy (although it's nice that I can roam on T-Mobile's network for free).

A friend of mine here just dumped Verizon for T-mobile and he is much happier with it.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
I'm with Verizon, and like their service (with the military discount), but in Kingsville, the reception is HORRIBLE!!! (Any elsewhere I go, it's great...just not here)

lthackston

Might be a good idea to figure out where you're living first. A couple of my friends in Hawks Landing have Verizon and have pretty poor service inside their apartment. Because Verizon doesn't guarantee service inside structures and the service is fine in the parking lot, they are unable to get out of their contract. I have Cingular myself. It works fine all the way between here and Corpus.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
IMHO sprint is the way to go for K-rock...awesome signal everywhere I have been.

I had verizon when I got down here and the signal strength was pathetic!! I got out of my contract by faxing them a copy of my military orders. No problems they let me out right away.

Ithackston- I would tell your buds to approach the argument from the "the military required me to move and I get crap reception" angle. They have an established military clause to help out service members who have no control over where they live.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Noy Joy in HC either

lthackston said:
A couple of my friends in Hawks Landing have Verizon and have pretty poor service inside their apartment.
For what it's worth, Verizon is no good at Hunter's Cove as well. My parents have it and when they come to visit, they have to stand outside to make a phone call (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

snizo

Supply Officer
Pcola04/30 said:
IMHO sprint is the way to go for K-rock...awesome signal everywhere I have been...

I've been using Sprint for like 7 years in 5 different cities now. In all my different homes and all the travels in between ... I don't think I have ever been in an area of the US that was outside the Sprint network (and that includes cities smaller than Kingsville). Now - if only their customer service was as nice as their reach....

lthackston

Pcola04/30 said:
Ithackston- I would tell your buds to approach the argument from the "the military required me to move and I get crap reception" angle. They have an established military clause to help out service members who have no control over where they live.

They tried that angle. The problem is that Verizon sent people out here and checked the signal in the parking lot and said it is "sufficient". They just don't get a good signal inside the apartment. And like I said, Verizon doesn't guarantee signals inside abodes. So, they're essencially SOL.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
lthackston said:
They tried that angle. The problem is that Verizon sent people out here and checked the signal in the parking lot and said it is "sufficient". They just don't get a good signal inside the apartment. And like I said, Verizon doesn't guarantee signals inside abodes. So, they're essencially SOL.

Damn that sucks....

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Since everyone now requires a long contract, something you might want to consider is that Cingular & T-Mobile phones will work in the majority of countires around the world because they use a GSM network.

Sprint and Verizon will only work in the U.S. (except for a few rare places).

This may mean nothing to you, but I figure I'll be overseas at some point in the future.