• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CDR Hugh "BusyBee604" Magee, Welcome Back Sir!

maxsonic

What? Ron are you nuts? (Don't start a dogpile you guys, Hugh, Ron and I are friends).

Hugh, glad you're on the mend. I'm sure Mike will keep me posted. Call when you can.

Steve

AirWarriors,

Initial day of recovery after his surgery on Tuesday was promising, however, Dad has had cardiopulmonary setbacks yesterday. He is one tough gray eagle and is fighting through it. Your thoughts and prayers for BZB are appreciated.

-- Hugh's Son Sends

brownshoe

Contributor
Max please pass on to your dad that we are all thinking about him and hoping for a speedy recovery!

John
I just spoke with Patrick, BzB's younger son (Max is home resting a bit). I passed along well wishes and ask Patrick to let his father know that we're all thinking of him. I'll probably get a call back later and I'll pass along any new information I learn to all of you.

Steve

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
All, @BusyBee604's daughter just texted me, and he got the Hawaiian Leis that we sent him on behalf of the website. From BZB "that's the first time I've been lei'd since the last time I was in Hawaii"! Followed by a big thumbs up from BZB. He is doing better in the hospital and hopes to be home shortly and back with us online! Keep the comments coming, his son reads them to BZB and brings a smile to our grey eagle! All the best, John

Here is the card I sent that @brownshoe, @Catmando, @rondebmar, @ea6bflyr, I and others coordinated behind the scenes:

CDR(ret) Hugh "Busy Bee" Magee,All of us at Airwarriors.com want you to know that we are watching your "SIX" and waiting for you to rejoin on us quickly! You are GREATLY missed, and the website is not the same without you. We are holding the liberty bus for you! So I know that you are enjoying the attention of all those pretty nurses, but we can't wait for you to come on home and enjoy some football and time with family and friends. We all hope that you enjoy these Hawaiian Leis, you have a speedy recovery, and that these flowers cheer your day!

Fly safe,

Your fellow Naval Aviators and Friends at Airwarriors.

brownshoe

Contributor
Received the following from Mike:

"Steve, I'm here with Dad at the hospital, he just finished a session with the respiratory therapist. He is still working on kicking the pneumonia out of his right lung...seems to be getting better and a little stronger each day. Right now we are enjoying watching the Broncos play the Colts.

We were hoping Dad could be released to go directly back home, however the docs are saying he may need to stay for awhile at a Skilled Nursing Facility as an intermdiate step to ensure he has the medical care needed for the next phase of his recovery...thanks for your thoughts and prayers! --Mike"

dustydog

pilot
This overwhelming thread of well wishes and support for BzB illustrates why we do this job. We have multiple threads about how the Navy is ignoring its future and screwing guys (and girls) over; however, it's all about the men and women who went before you, serve with you, and what we can do for each other. Naval Aviation is a calling and a bond that crosses generations. I wish BzB the best and hope that he joins us soon.

WB16

This overwhelming thread of well wishes and support for BzB illustrates why we do this job. We have multiple threads about how the Navy is ignoring its future and screwing guys (and girls) over; however, it's all about the men and women who went before you, serve with you, and what we can do for each other. Naval Aviation is a calling and a bond that crosses generations. I wish BzB the best and hope that he joins us soon.
"I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me" coming to life here. Get well soon BZB!