• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Casa Cn-235

Coppertop222

Well for those of us still in flight training there is all sorts of rumors going around about the increased push for fixed wing pilots to staff up the new Casa airframe as a part of deep water. Does anyone know the time line for the new planes or what they are doing to compensate for the increased demand for fixed wing pilots?

I'm curious to see what they do and how the new air frame will be stationed around the country. The obvious answer is where the 25s are now but could also be collocated or replace any C-130 stations.

USCGaviator

pilot
The first three CASA aircraft are under construction with delivery scheduled for the spring of 2007. Beyond that it's anybody's guess. I'm not aware of an "increased demand for fixed wing pilots."

Coppertop222

Well that's good to hear.
Theres all sorts of rumors going on around here talking about a big change in the way we (guys in flight school) are detailed to either fixed wing or rotary. Possibly involving forcing people who don't want fixed to go that route.

I had heard that 3 will be delivered in March 07 but not much other than that.

selmacf7

My dad's gonna be working on this project and a few others very soon evidently... switched from the V-22 to Coastie Deepwater stuff. Gouge on the V-22 turned out to be dead on, so hopefully I'll find out stuff on the -235 soon.

Coincidentally the job shift took place the day I started filling out my OCS package for the Coasties... good sign?