• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CAS for Iraq

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
This is kind of a what ____ get ____ question / "what are the chances?" question, but does this mean the Navy will get to drop more?

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I don't see how the "new idea" presented in the article is any different than what fighters (of all the services) have all ready been doing since 2003.

The only difference I see is that B-1s are getting Sniper pods with Rover.

I guess it's perhaps just a significant step-up of numbers of sorties as ground troop numbers start shrinking.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Doubtful, unless the Navy provides more carriers.

You don't think they are looking into that?

I don't see how the "new idea" presented in the article is any different than what fighters (of all the services) have all ready been doing since 2003.

The only difference I see is that B-1s are getting Sniper pods with Rover.

I guess it's perhaps just a significant step-up of numbers of sorties as ground troop numbers start shrinking.

I agree, sounds like a PR play to show they are 'doing' something. I don't think there is any real change to the way they are doing business.