• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"CARRIER" Series on Hulu

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
The nugget pilot couldn't refuel because of the wind conditions right. I guess he's still at fault because he didn't try refueling sooner? And I assume the NFO would be at fault too for not suggesting an earlier refuel. What a way to end a career, thats terrible.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The nugget pilot couldn't refuel because of the wind conditions right. I guess he's still at fault because he didn't try refueling sooner? And I assume the NFO would be at fault too for not suggesting an earlier refuel. What a way to end a career, thats terrible.

Could be more to it than this. Also, I don't think anyone has said whether he got to keep flying or not.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Yeah, didn't see the WSO standing duty along with Newt (maybe they just didn't show it). Took one crumby stick hand day, but two bodies/minds to get into that low state situation (they have an efeing gas guage in the back too, moving map, divert gouge etc........).

Did the WSO get FNAEBed too??????? Hope so.

Unfortunatelly, the cheerleading from the backseat stops when things go south after safe on deck, all the glory, none of the punishment sometimes. Part of being part of the Single Anchor Master Race I suppose.

Had a DH try to talk me into putting an LGTR into the SEALs house at BT-11 at night with a blury LANTIRN display, didn't hit the pickle cuz it didn't look exactly right. I surelly would have been burned at the stake for that (as deserved, wonder how it all would have gone down).

All the sub-sub-sub conians in the audience should understand that each and every one of us could be Newt on any day strapping into the jet (lord knows I had a few days/nights). This is not a forgiving business, bad days have consequences... don't think you're toooooooooo good or talented.

ASR

I think what ASR meant was that calling it "carrier" and spending, even on the enlisted side, a majority of the time on less the 1/2 of the crew was kinda jacked. I understand they can't video the Nuke plant, but only 1 or 2 episodes (been a while) on those ratings not directly involved in the flight deck? You could do an entire episode on how they run medical if you wanted....and if you want ratings, from what I can tell with my sister in law, every day as an HM is drama.

Definitely. To be clear, I don't have a real problem with the aviation types getting the bulk of the attention when outside sources come on to see what carrier life is like. It's what the people want and I can't change that. In any event, even if people wanted to see what my job on a carrier is like, they wouldn’t be able to 'cause it's classified and all that. I just wish they wouldn't focus on the air wing and flight deck crew and then misrepresent it as telling the story of the ship and its crew as a whole.

jtmedli

pilot
Could be more to it than this. Also, I don't think anyone has said whether he got to keep flying or not.

We're talking about the Nugget who had to divert to Baghdad right? Didn't he end up having a tire blow out on the landing in Baghdad? Better to do that on an 8000x200ft runway than the boat right? Could that be considered a blessing in disguise for the new guy?

Just curious as to that aspect of it playing out for him.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Actually, no, blowing a tire on a trap at the boat is no big deal (minus fod). Less time with asymetric drag on jet, jet not really in control of itself anyways in the wires on ship.