• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier Landing Videos

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Nice videos. There is an S-3 here for skyfest in Daytona. I met the guys who flew it in at a bar last night. They took a nice cross country from San Diego. There’s also a t-45 here with an A on the tail (can’t think where’s that from). There are also some air force jets here but I don’t care about them. :D

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Is that how they really sound, or did somebody record their wife with a hoover vacuum and dub the sound in?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
DAMN! That looks fvckin cool. I wanna be a pilot now. Ah forget. Ill just be the guy who holds the camera. Freakin awesome clips FLy.

beau

ah...the night one...the black hole of death as my papi says....nothing but a light in the distance! cant wait for that ****! not! A-Game time!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Flying to the boat at night is like flying into someone's asscrack, it's dark and nasty :eek:

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Mefesto said:
The T-45 is from Meridian. I know who took it down there.

Tell him that he (or she) needs to do a better break. It was more of a climbing 180 than a break. I still loved it though.

How does a person request to do that type of flight? Do you just ask for it or is just luck of the draw?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
How cute, the S3 has windshield wipers! And look ma, no oxygen mask!

Looks like the burble got him at the ramp too.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Hey jboomer, there were supposed to be 4 harriers coming but they were unable to make it. Apparently, they didnt turn in their xcountry forms (?) on time and couldnt get here. The major at the rotc unit (harrier pilot) was pissed. Two Marine hornets came which was good (they did an awesome break)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How cute, the S3 has windshield wipers! And look ma, no oxygen mask!

Looks like the burble got him at the ramp too.

I'm sorry, as I flew my 150th night trap in the Hoover, the windshield wiper must have blocked out my view of the tailhook on the harrier. Wait, what is that, you don't even have one? My bad...I didn't mean to embarrass you in front of the other Naval Aviators.

Smilies in effect, I just got home from the hail & bail :icon_tong

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I dont think i have ever seen a video of a harrier landing at night. I know its a stupid question but do harriers do night operations (landings) out at sea?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes Harriers do night boat ops. Im pretty sure they do it on NVGs though. I dont care waht you fly boat ops at night are a scary business.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Talking about flybys, here is a cool pic of a 777 doing one at spruce creek airport just south of daytona. It is a fly-in community. The picture looks kind of fake but its real. The 777 was doing its xcountry tour when it first came out and it was heading to miami when it made a fly-by stop at 'the creek'

Attachments

• AAL777[1].jpg
    AAL777[1].jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 253

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Talking about flybys, here is a cool pic of a 777 doing one at spruce creek airport just south of daytona. It is a fly-in community. The picture looks kind of fake but its real. The 777 was doing its xcountry tour when it first came out and it was heading to miami when it made a fly-by stop at 'the creek'
What exactly do you think looks fake?

Brett

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
What exactly do you think looks fake?

Brett

I have some friends who think it looks fake. They see the cloud shadow on the ground and see sun light on the airplane. They dont realize that a plane flying might not be in the same shadow that the ground is in.