• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Car choice and moving

m26

Contributor
Seriously, DITY w/ a vehicle like that may get you $1k. That's loading the thing up completely and moving half way across the states. You'll do that once during the time that you own the vehicle, maybe twice if you time it right. See the forrest not just the trees.

That's what I wanted to know. I'm not saying I'd like the wagon just for the DITY, I like it better on its own. I just hoped that the DITY might offset some of the pain of paying an extra $5,000 for it. Not looking that way, though.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a CRV which I really love. Yes, I know it's kind of a mom car, but I figure it's a good compromise between the hauling ability of a truck, the gas mileage of a sedan, and comfortable passenger seating. If you fold the seats you can fit a ton of crap in it.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
I am surprised that no-one has mentioned the simplest solution.....one of each.

Corvette16.jpg

Both are paid off. I have had the Corvette for 17 years ( and spent a lot over the years) and a year tax free in Iraq helped pay of the Avalanche.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I have a CRV which I really love. Yes, I know it's kind of a mom car, but I figure it's a good compromise between the hauling ability of a truck, the gas mileage of a sedan, and comfortable passenger seating. If you fold the seats you can fit a ton of crap in it.

So you're the soccer mom with the vandy sticker in the 30 parking lot. Got it.

And the entire middle east stood up to applaud this photo :) :
I am surprised that no-one has mentioned the simplest solution.....one of each.

Corvette16.jpg

Both are paid off. I have had the Corvette for 17 years ( and spent a lot over the years) and a year tax free in Iraq helped pay of the Avalanche.

Scruff

None
Contributor
So you're the soccer mom with the vandy sticker in the 30 parking lot. Got it.

And the entire middle east stood up to applaud this photo :) :

Haha wow, I live 1/2 mile from vandy....prius's with Vandy stickers are more of the norm nowadays. They're like annoying little gnats driving around everywhere.

Triumph57

Get a Subaru Impreza STI Wagon. It can tow 2000 lbs (The only sports car besides the Mustang with a tow rating...and the Mustang can only tow 1000 lbs). It can seat four comfortably, more in a pinch. The back seats fold down for plenty of storage. It has rally proven performance winning multiple championships in the dirt/mud/snow. It has been compaired favorably to much more expensive sports cars, especially when the roads aren't billiard table smooth. It also has a really cool boxer engine so it doesn't sound like an angry lawnmower like most 4 cylinder sports cars (this also helps it to have a lower center of gravity for increased handling performance). It is basically just win. They are REALLY ugly though.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
If any of you guys are gonna buy a truck, make sure you do it right :)

(PG-13 for male adolescent humor and peepee jokes)

m26

Contributor
I actually love the look of the regular Impreza, but the STI is a little rough on the eyes. And the checkbook.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I actually love the look of the regular Impreza, but the STI is a little rough on the eyes. And the checkbook.

Agreed. The new STI (besides being a 4 wheel sexually transmitted infection) are ugly as sin.

Scruff

None
Contributor

They have really weak input/output transmission shafts also. Real expensive fix, I'd stay away. JMO

If you're set on a car, I'd go with VDUB Jetta TDI.....45 mpg fo sho

m26

Contributor
If you're set on a car, I'd go with VDUB Jetta TDI.....45 mpg fo sho

Test drove that, and it was absolutely awesome on the highway. Panoramic moonroof was incredible, too. But the thing just had some brain-dead features, such as a 6 or 8-way power driver's seat with manual front/back adjustment (?), and a cheap plastic steering wheel in an otherwise great cabin. Also my leg was a little cramped, and iihs tells me that it's likely to get injured in a crash, so I wasn't too keen on that.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor

Pre- 2007 the sti and wrx in general were sick. I have had a few trucks 97 silverado and a 2000 f250 diesel. loved the diesel and draggin my buddies out of the mud. However, pain around a town and I remember a tank of gas costing well over a hundred bucks. I have a G35 now, I love it and it's 40 dollar tanks of gas. However, I know a truck will be in my future again.

Also, seeing that your BDCP wouldn't it be a long time before we saw any DITY? Buddy in Lemoore said you couldn't pick it up until you moved to out of the VT's. Correct me if i am wrong, thats a question I had been wanting to ask.