• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Canucks to stage Mock IED Attack in DC

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Ok, maybe I'm just being slow, but I don't get it. Why do Canadians need to remind Americans they are in the fight? Is that how serious their inferiority complex is?

If anything this should be Americans reminding us all that we are at war...

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Is that how serious their inferiority complex is?

In my experience, it's pretty bad. I met many a Canadian in Europe this summer and each one had something to prove to me.

@ the topic: that's dumb.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, maybe I'm just being slow, but I don't get it. Why do Canadians need to remind Americans they are in the fight? Is that how serious their inferiority complex is?

If anything this should be Americans reminding us all that we are at war...

Because many Americans, including many in DC, don't know Canadians are in the thick of the fighting in Afghanistan. They are one of only three countries with 'regular' forces there that have little to no restrictions on their use in combat, unlike many of our NATO allies. Can you name the other two without looking them up?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
The Danes and Brits? I'm not sure if the Dane contingent is large enough to be "regular", but they certainly have been getting bloodied.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Danes and Brits? I'm not sure if the Dane contingent is large enough to be "regular", but they certainly have been getting bloodied.

That is part of the point behind this little display, even a lot of military folks don't know who is in the thick of the fight.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Poles? They acquitted themselves quite well in Iraq.

It's actually the Dutch, though they are likely pulling out their combat troops soon. They have very few restrictions on their troops, less than almost any of our other allies, other than the Canucks and Brits.

There are plenty of 'special' types that have few restrictions, Poles included, but not many 'regulars'.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Because many Americans, including many in DC, don't know Canadians are in the thick of the fighting in Afghanistan. They are one of only three countries with 'regular' forces there that have little to no restrictions on their use in combat, unlike many of our NATO allies. Can you name the other two without looking them up?

Australia and Britain?

EDIT: I can see that no, I cannot.